Chapter fifty eight

Ed Sheeran - perfect
Lovvve this song so much! It also relates!

Enjoy!

***

A few months later

Dante's POV

When I say she was perfect, she is fucking perfect.

Although I am a person who does not really react to things like this, I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat. I couldn't contain it in and I knew I couldn't because I felt like the luckiest man alive. A huge smile spread across my face as she was approaching the bottom of the stairs, all dress in white.

I continued to smile at Adriana until I finally got her attention, and when she did look at me, she return it with a smile.

My baby is so beautiful.

As Adriana arrived, all the guests that were invited today began to gather the tables at the centre of the lounge while Adriana reached me. When she reached me, I smiled again at her as her protruding stomach was more visible to me and to be honest, it was the best feeling ever.

I was going to be a father...

"Ciao Gattina." I greet as I touch her stomach and lean in to kiss her lips, "You look so beautiful."

"Do I?" She teased as she giggled, "Thank you."

"Welcome to Adriana's baby shower."

Mia announced as the guests began to gather around her. Mia had set up a baby shower for Adriana because she wanted to do something for her before the baby arrives. Adriana was heavily pregnant at this point and had only a month left so what better time do to this. The idea was great and I wanted Mia to do this for Adriana just so it could keep her mind off things. Lately, she has been stressing and so have I.

Ever since Antonio's revelation, there was not a day where we were at peace. That day became a blur to me because of Adriana; as soon as Antonio revealed to us that Destefano wasn't dead, Adriana's health deteriorated to the point where we all thought she would lose the baby. It's a miracle how she is still pregnant and we were both so grateful for that.

Speaking of which, the boys and I were supposed to return to the location we visited yesterday regarding Destefano despite the fact that it was Adriana's baby shower. She insisted I stayed but I convinced her how important this was and that I would be back as soon as I can.

"Be back soon okay?" She whispered before she leaned in a pecked my lips,

"I will be back as soon as I can but you enjoy yourself. Stop worrying too much and enjoy." I wrapped my arms around her and embraced her,

"Okay, and stay safe. I would really like to have you around when I give birth." She remarked,

"Gattina stop it. You don't have to worry about anything." I kissed her lips once more time before I let go of her.

She walked away to the girls as me and the rest of the boys began to set off. We all got into our vehicles and then began our journey. Although I informed Adriana I would be back soon, our journey said otherwise.

Since the past few months, the boys and I have been working really hard on searching for Destefano. Technically, I didn't really give a shit whether he was alive or not because our whole job wasn't to look for motherfùcker, it was more for the people that worked with him. Including my own fucking father that has been missing for a few months now. Anyway, we had no idea whether Antonio was lying or not because the sick bastard would do anything to keep Adriana away from a peaceful life however, when the I began my research, we all come to learn that Destefano had in fact feigned his death.