Chapter sixty six

Song: Hailee Steinfield - Capital letters

Adriana's POV

The thought of a wedding was stressful enough so I wanted a small ceremony however, Dante wanted quite the opposite. Our moms wanted a traditional Italian wedding but we wanted a modern wedding so we compromised and negotiated and finally did this.

As soon as we said our vows, we were supposed to leave the church so our guests could congratulate us. Hand in hand, Dante and I leave the church doors as our guests waited for us outside with a little surprise.

"Gattina, are you ready to be shown off to the world as my wife?"

"Always." I smile up at him as I hold his hand, "Let's enjoy this moment of this part of the traditional ceremony, take every little moment from today to heart."

"Honestly have no idea why we're doing this." Dante groans, "I just want to steal you away from everyone just so I could make love to you. Can I do that Adriana?"

As we were leaving the church, the moms insisted that as we leave, we would have to have rice thrown at us by the guests as they cheer.

"Yes but not now." I caress his face and peck his lips, "Don't you want to be blessed with babies? It's good luck."

"Gattina, I don't need our guests and family to throw a handful of rice at us to symbolise a shower of fertility on us. I can just do that in one night, give you all the children you want. I just have to make love to you in a very... unique way."

"Dante!" I gasped before I burst into laughter as I smack his arm, he glanced at me and laughed along with me at his own remark.

Just as we pulled away, the doors opened and we were faced with a small aisle while our guests filled each sides of the aisle. When I glanced at all of them, I saw everyone present. The boys and the girls were there as they were entertaining Ilaria, our moms stood with them as they all held raw rice, preparing to throw it at us. As soon as we began to walk, our guest cheered before there was an uproar from the family as they showered the rice on us while we walked through the aisle.

"Remind me to shower you with fertility in a different way other than this." Dante mumbled under his breath as tried to clear his hair and clothes from the small bead of rice that settled on him. "devi solo aspettare e guardare Gattina."

"Let's leave it for tonight then shall we," I replied and in returned his surprised complexion falls as he glanced over his shoulders to look at me. "show me the unique ways you claim to have."

"Oh Gattina, I just wished you never confessed that." He chuckled as we both got into the choice of car he chose to drive us to the venue we prepared for the guests and family. He closed the door behind me and walked all the way around to reached his side of the door. "You will regret it."

"Okay whatever," I shrug my shoulders and glance ahead as I urge him to start driving. His face falls for the second time at my attitude and I couldn't help but feel a smirk poking out of my lips as he watched me in disbelief. "let's get the day started first."

Dante looked away with the same surprised gaze before he began to drive away from everyone. With a huge smile in my face, the wind blew through my hair as Dante took my hand in his and kissed my knuckles while he drove to our next destination, which was the venue where we would be having food and drinks.