Chapter twenty five

Dante's POV

My gaze returns to the road as I drive through the highway back home. Fabio sat on the passenger seat next to me while he wiped himself clean with the towels that were already in the car.

"Fratello, don't you want to clean yourself before you step into the estate?" He asked,

"Fùck it." I shrug my shoulders as I accelerate even more now.

Fabio and I were driving back from an event that did not go as planned; we walked in all suited but walked out all bloodied and fùcking messed. I clench my jaws as I think about what to do next. We had close links to Lucy, the Goddamn puttana but every time we get to her, she somehow manages to get away. She was like a fùcking soap bar; once we catch her she slips out of our fingers.

Disobeying all restrictions and rules of the road was an advantage because it got me home in just a minute. I pull up on the estate's driveway and then rush inside to clean myself from all this shįt blood. Fabio did the same too as he too was covered in blood just as much as I was.

I get changed, cleaned and dressed into my clothes that I would wear for the rest of the day and then approach the office however, as I did my eyes trailed off to the one room that I have been visiting every single day every since that day.

I approach the room and open the door, once I did I stood at the door and watched her sleeping soundly... like she was at peace.

A small frown sat on my face as I watch Adriana on the centre of the bed sleeping for what felt like years now but it was only a few weeks. When Adriana was hit by the huge vehicle that night, she was rushed to hospital and had two major surgeries. Ever since then, she had been in a coma and the doctors have relied on her to wake up by herself.

So far, there has been nothing and there isn't a day that goes by where I hope she just opens her eyes.

I requested for the rest of her treatment to be done at the estate so now, Dr Araldo keeps an eye out on her when we're all busy.

I step inside the room and close the door behind me before I approach the bed. Multiple tubes were inserted in to her skin as she lay on the bed, still lifeless like that day she was in an accident.

I watch her for a couple of second before I sigh.

"When will you open your eyes gattina?"

"Figlio."

I glance over my shoulder to see the one person I did not expect to see right now at this time of the day. My brows snap into a furrow when I see that mom was standing at the door with a gentle smile.

"Mom...?" I called out, "Mom, what are you doing here?"

She chuckled as she entered the room but I gently shoved her back so we could leave the room. She watched me with a confused expression before she wrapped her arms around me for an embrace.

"Do I have to ask you before I visit?" She chuckled again,

"Of course not mom," I say as we pull away. We stood right in front of the room Adriana was in. "I just did not expect you at this time of the day."

"Ah well," she said, "I've come to check up on all of you and of course, on her." She aimed towards the door as her pushed it open to see her. "How is she?"

I drag my gaze back to Adriana who was still in a coma and exhaled,
"Still the same." My jaws locked as I watch her for another few seconds before my gaze returns to mom who frowned at me.