part 7; restless

Although you felt mentally and physically exhausted, you didn't sleep that night. Was is due to how much you had slept on the boat? Were you too anxious to sleep, now knowing that Noodle is aware of your little visit with 2D? You left your mind to wander, thinking about your entire life up to this moment. Kick out at 18, fired at 20, stuck in a rather mentally abusive relationship up until you were 27, and now here you are. Trapped on an island with two musicians and a robot. Not necessarily the way you expected to go out. You stretched your legs out on the couch and laid with your arms wrapped behind your head in an X shape. You stared up at the white ceiling and let out a deep sigh. I could have stayed down there with Stuart for quite some time longer, you thought, fidgeting your foot ever so slightly. Now, he's probably asleep, and I'm bored out of my effing mind.
  You sat up and slouched, tapping your foot restlessly on the wooden floor. You ran your hand through your tangled (h/c) hair, and looked at the main enterence door. He has cameras out there, no doubt about it. And he most certainly has some type of alarm set up to keep you from escaping. Even if you had the chance to go, some part of you did not want to. Sure, Murdoc wasn't an ideal roommate, and it was odd to be living with a trapped human under your feet and a cyborg clone of a little girl, but you had nothing waiting for you back on the pier. Your car was probably broken in to by now, probably stolen all together. But the main thing keeping you from desiring to leave was 2D.
  You didn't want to leave him here, especially not knowing how much longer this will be going on. How long you'll be trapped on this hunk of junk island. You rose to your feet and walked to the door. "He wouldn't care if I just walked outside a little, right? What's the harm in that," you thought out loud, reaching out and opening the door and quietly as possible. The island smelt horrible, but the veiw made up for it. The sun was beginning to rise, casting a lovely pink sunrise over the otherwise navy blue ocean. The moon was still high in the sky, casting shadows from trees on the walls of the tower behind you, the wind causing them to dance. There were a lot of stars, possibly more than you had ever seen. You weren't used to this view, it was breathtaking. You stopped right where you were and inhaled deeply, taking it all in. Then suddenly, a thought sprung into your mind.
  I bet 2D has never seen this... your thoughts trailed off as your turned back to the door, opened it, and snuck back in. He might be asleep, you thought, but there's a chance he's still awake. You smiled to yourself and made your way over to the elevator, yet again. One more long and horrible elevator ride later, and you arrived at his door. You knocked on it gently. "Ello?" Questioned the man on the other side of the door, causing your face to heat up and your palms to get sweaty. "Its, uh, it's (y/n). I couldn't fall asleep and I decided to look outside and I... I think it's very pretty, and if you weren't too tired, would you uh, would you like to-?" 2D opened the door with enthusiasm and grinned down at you, showing off his missing teeth. "I sure as hell would lov to check it out wif you! Ah haven't seen the night sky in quite some time." You couldn't help but look down. He was wearing nothing but his boxers and a loose muscle shirt. You felt your face light up and you cleared your throat. "Ah! Ahaha, alright, then follow me. Be as quiet as you can be, Noodle is up and running, and she knows that I visited you. But, before you worry, she assured me that she wouldn't tell Murdoc." 2D's goofy grin remained plastered on his face as he extended his hand, waiting for you to grab it. Your heart dropped. With shaky fingers, you reached out and grasped it. He almost immediately intertwined his fingers with yours, holding on tightly. "I know the way, (y/n), I can sneak us out back so we don't 'ave to walk past that robots room." You nodded and held tightly onto his hand as he led you to the elevator. He held on to your hand the whole way up.
  Once you stepped out of the elevator with caution, 2D led you to a narrow metal door with a huge lock on it. He entered some code, and the door swung open, revealing an even prettier view. The sun was rising from this side of the island, the colors more vibrant over here. Taking your eyes off of the lovely scene, you looked up at 2D. He wasn't smiling, but his eyes were large and his lips were parted. He looked too taken in to move, let alone show emotion. You looked around and saw a large, Plastic looking tree. You gently tugged on his hand and brought him over to it. Without saying a word, you sat down, causing him to sit down as well. He was still holding your hand. "(Y/n)..." he said, his voice soft and delicate like his touch. His eyes remained on the ocean, but yours remained on him. "Yeah?"
"Thank yew again for this, for everything yew have done for me tonight. This has been the best time of my experience 'ere, honestly. Maybe even since I met Murdoc, the dumb bastard. I was convinced he ruined my life. But yew..." he turned his face towards yours, your eyes meeting. "Yew are making it seem way less ruined." The words weren't as poetic as your anticipated, but you smiled nonetheless. He let go of your hand, and moved a single strand of your (h/c) hair from your face. "Not to mention that yew have lovely eyes," you giggled and moved back from him a little, feeling hot and anxious from the small amount of distance previously between the two of you. "They're just a simple (e/c), I think yours are much lovelier." 2D placed a finger up to his bottom eyelid and pulled down. "Nawt really, they're just black." You shook your head and placed your hand on his cheek, feeling him lean into it.
  "Right now, with the sun rising and the stars twinkling, your eyes look like pools of the water from the ocean. I can see the pink and orange reflection from the sun, I can see the slight white glow from the moon and the stars. 2D, it's beautiful. You have the most amazing eyes I have ever seen." The two of you sat in silence, your face heating up, your stomach beginning to feel like you ate something that made you sick. You quickly looked back out at the ocean, your hand still on his cheek. And you felt him smile.