part 14; lessons

Murdoc put weight on your hips, causing you to sit on the small bench in front of the piano. "Now! Ah, face ache! Come 'er," 2D got up and dragged his feet over to you, giving you a weak smile. He had a bruise below is left eye, and his lower lip looked a bit busted. You twisted your head around to Murdoc and glared at him, but he didn't bat an eye. "Introduce yourself to (y/n), ya bloody idiot!" Murdoc yelled at the boy, raising his hand, causing 2D to whimper. "Ello, (y/n). Ah'm Stuart Pot, but yew can jus' call me 2D. Or face ache..." he looked down and shuffled his feet, waiting for Murdocs next instructions. Murdoc chuckled and dropped his hand, landing it on your shoulder. He squeezed it tightly, running his long, jagged nails down your back as he moved his hand up and off of you. "Alrighty, so eh, sit down next to her and do whatever you do when ya teach someone. I'll just be sittin' back 'ere." Murdoc walked over to the couch along side the wall of the large recording room and sat on it, stretching out. 2D cleared his throat and sat to the right of you, his side pressed gently against yours. You looked up at him, and stared into his eyes. He looked anxious, and you wondered if you did too; because you sure did feel like it.
  2D placed his fingers on the keys and smiled at you crookedly. You laid your hands on top of his, resting your fingers on his so you could follow along as he played. His hands were warm, and even the tops of them were a bit damp from sweat. But you didn't mind, you couldn't blame him. 2D began to play scales, your fingers following along with his. The two of you hadn't said a word yet, besides 2D's rather forceful and awkward introduction. Admittedly, you had hoped some time soon 2D would be 'revealed' to you, but you hadn't realized you would have to act as if you two had not yet spent countless hours together. Not to mention the fact that it seemed like Murdoc had beaten the ever loving shit out of 2D, and you couldn't let that thought leave your head. You began to get more comfortable as the two of you played on, and you put the full weight of your hands down on his. He could feel this, and he leaned into you a little bit more, resting his cheek on the side of your head ever so slightly. After the two of you had gone through the scales, hand in hand, he moved his fingers out from under yours. "Let's play some chords now, see what yew know," his voice was soft and barely above a whisper. You looked over at Murdoc, and to your luck he wasn't all that focused. He was looking in a magazine and scribbling out celebrities faces with a sharpie. You snickered and looked back down at the keys. "Alrighty, what chords should we play?" 2D shrugged, causing your shoulders to go up a little bit too. "Yew can choose, (y/n). Ah don't really mind," He looked over at Murdoc and let out a deep breath. "This is tha first time he's let me come up 'ere in about a month." He mumbled, trying so hard not to be heard. You looked into his eyes, causing him to look back into yours. His eyes weren't lit up like they usually were when you looked into them, which made you worry even more. You smiled at him and looked down at the piano once again, feeling your face heat up. "How about we watch two movies tonight? I don't mind losing a few extra hours of sleep if it'll make you happier," you could feel that 2D was still looking at you, which made your smile last. "Would yew really?" You simply nodded and began to play some notes from a song you faintly remembered. 2D smiled and began to play along, tapping his foot to the beat. "This is ah, ehm..." 2D removed one hand from the piano and scratched his head, thinking. "Oh! This is ah (older band) song, right?" He looked at you and gave you a goofy smile. You continued to play, smiling as you did so. "Yeah, it's (song name)." He began to play along too, taking care of the higher toned parts. As he did so, you hummed gently, encouraging him to as well. And soon enough, the two of you were singing a duet yet again. Every so often, your finger would slip and you'd hit a sour note, which would make you two laugh. And for a moment, as you two sang and played together on perfect harmony, it felt as if Murdoc wasn't across the room, just waiting for a reason to beat 2D's ass.
  After the song, you giggled and playfully punched his shoulder, causing him to laugh and ruffle your hair. "You didn't have to laugh at me every damn time I messed up," you said, pouting jokingly. 2D laughed a bit more and shook his head. "Yew just shouldn't have messed up if yew didn't wan' me to laugh at yew!" He teased. You stuck out your tongue at him, and he did so back. "Do yew want to play another song? I uh, I do lov ya voice..." he rubbed the back of his neck, a pink tint spreading across his cheeks. You shrugged, your fingers landing down on the keys again. "I don't see why no-" you were cut off by Murdoc's subtle growling. The two of you looked over at him, and he was scowling. He threw down his magazine and stormed over to you and 2D, his eyebrows furrowed. "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! We get it, (y/n) 'ere has a lovely voice... but ya don't have to pester her! Let her rest!" Murdoc smacked the back of 2Ds head, causing you to jump up.
  "Hey, Murdoc, it's fine. You don't have to fucking hit him over it," Murdoc spun back around towards you and smiled at you disgustingly. "(Y/n), dear... let me do my job." You crossed your arms and scoffed at him, looking down at 2D, who was now cowering on the floor. "Muddz, you're being a douche bag. He helped me, he played with me. That's what you wanted from him. Hitting him for complying is just damn stupid, it makes no sense." Murdocs smile faded, and he rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Lessons are over now. Maybe you'll have more tomorrow, maybe not." He grabbed the back of 2Ds shirt and yanked him up, "now, eh, 2D, I'll go ahead and walk you back to ya room. And as for you," Murdoc inched closer to you and leaned in, his lips pushed out in your direction. You leaned back a bit, only causing him to lean in more. His kissed the tip of your nose and smiled at you softly as he moved his face back. "Go ahead and do what you'd like ta' do, princess~"
You stood by the piano and watched patiently as the two men walked out of the room, 2D's face a mixture of angry and upset. You sighed and sat back down, resting your elbow on the keys and your cheek in your palm. Tonight can't come soon enough. You thought, tapping your foot as you looked around the room for something to do in the meantime.