part 33

A large noise from the front of the submarine woke up both you and 2D from a deep sleep. You jumped up and off of 2D, standing up as quickly as you possibly could. 2D remained on the cold, metal ground, rubbing his tired eyes. At the front of the submarine was both Cyborg Noodle and Murdoc. "What the hell was that sound?" You asked, expecting either of them to answer rather quickly. But neither of them did. You rolled your eyes and walked over to the both of them, now seeing that the two were frantically pressing every button and pulling every lever. You cocked a brow and moved past Murdoc, nudging him a bit, to see out of the front window. You choked on your own breath and took a few steps back.
Ahead of you was another submarine. It was a bit larger than yours, and it was coming right at you. Murdoc spun around when he realized you had seen it too. "THE BLOODY FUCKIN PIRATES FOUND US AGAIN," he groaned, more annoyed than afraid. Cyborg Noodle grasped the wheel tightly, and forced the submarine to dive down beneath the one coming at the band and you. Your knees buckled a bit at the sudden fall of the submarine, causing you to firmly grip a large metal tube to your right to keep balance. You spun your head around and looked bsck at 2D once you were no longer going down. He was sitting down now rather than laying. He was pressed tightly against the wall, hugging his knees close to his chest. He had the mask on that he had brought on the top of his head, and he looked horrified. You felt your heart sink. And then yet again either warning, Cyborg Noodle yanked the submarine up. You fell to the floor and hissed at the pain of your bones slamming into the cold metal ground. Murdoc let go of the controls and then quickly turned around, ignored you, and darted to the back. "We just reached the surface, sir." Cyborg Noodle called out to Murdoc. You stood up and rubbed your eyes, the sudden rays of sunlight blinding you momentarily. "GIVE ME THAT! YA DON'T NEED IT, TWAT." Hissed Murdoc, obviously talking to 2D.
You twisted around to see 2D burrying his face in his knees, and Murdoc holding three masks and a machine gun; two more slung over his shoulder. Your stomach dropped and your face felt like it had pins and needles stabbing it in every place possible. "Oh no no no..." you mumbled, Murdoc approaching you. "Oh, yes yes yes, (y/n)." Murdoc replied mockingly. He slid a machine gun on the floor and towards you. It hit the front of your shoes and made a clicking sound. Your breathing quickened, and you bent over and picked up the gun. You examined it, sliding your fingers over the trigger and the barrel. You used to go hunting with your grandfather during winter, and you always hated having to shoot animals. And now, you were going to have to shoot humans. "Murdoc I can't do this," you said sternly, spinning back sound to see Cyborg Noodle and Murdoc both holding guns of their own and wearing masks similar to the one 2D had. "You have to, luv. I'm sorry." He had not a single ounce of sympathy in his voice. He extended his arm to you, the white mask in his hand. You let out a deep sigh, took it, and put it on. It was hard to breathe in, which gave you even more anxiety.
"EY FACEACHE! GET OVA HERE. WE NEED YOU TO KEEP THE SUB FLOATIN'!" Murdoc yelled back at your boyfriend. 2D uncovered his eyes and stood up; and looked at you. His eyes grew wide, and they were completely blank. His lips parted and he dashed over to you, slamming his body against yours. He held you tightly against his body and swayed you back and forth gently. "Yew can't make (y/n) do this. I won't let yew. I need her to be safe down 'ere wif me," you could tell 2D was choking back his tears. "She has to, you bloody idiot. If not, she'll just end up dying down here. And I'll end up dying up there." Your face was pressed into 2Ds chest, so you were unable to see Murdocs expression. But you could tell he probably didn't care. "No, she'll be safe wif me, ah' can protect her... yew can't... she can't..." his body started shaking, and so did yours. You placed your free hand between your bodies and forced yourself away from him. You looked up at him and pulled the mask up to the top of your head. You swung the gun around your shoulder and cupped his cheeks in your hands.
"I need to do this, Stu. I'm going to be fine." Your words stabbed his hard like a dagger, and teats began to flood his cheeks. They ran over your fingers and fell to the floor. He sniffled and gripped your waist. "I don't want to lose yew, (y/n). I promised to protect yew," you shook your head and let go of his cheeks. Not wanting him to see you cry, you pulled your mask back down. "I'll come back. I promise." 2D let his hands drop to his side and he let out a deep and shaky sigh. "Pinky promise?" He asked, his voice trembling like your legs were. Your heart broke a little.  You reached a hand out to him, pinky up. He smiled softly and returned the gesture, wrapping his pinky around yours.
"Come on now, ya fuckin kids. (Y/n), we need to go. Now." Hissed Murdoc, pushing past the two of you. "Y-yes sir," you replied, running off to his side. 2D took Cyborg Noodles seat, Cyborg Noodle running to meet the two of you at the ladder. "Be safe, (y/n). I luv yew." You nodded contently and gripped the ladder. "I love you too."

The three of you proceeded up the ladder, you being the last one out. When the cold, salty breeze hit your hands, you stomach tied itself into a knot. What if I do die? What if Stuart dies? You couldn't avoid these horrible thoughts as they flooded into your mind. You pulled yourself onto the top of the submarine with shaky arms.

I didn't even kiss him goodbye,