part 10; apology gift

The room was full of instruments; guitars, ukuleles, drums, keyboards. There was even a big, long leather couch on the side of a rather large recording studio. There were guitar picks and chip bags scattered on the floor, but you didn't mind. You and Murdoc stepped out of the elevator, and he immediately walked over to a wall which had several beautiful guitars hung on it; acoustic and electric. Your eyes widened and you walked over to stand with him. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder, waving his other hand around at the large variety of instruments hung up. He looked at you and grinned madly, "Pick out any one ya' want, lov! Think of it as a... uh, apology." Your eyes lit up, and you walked towards a particular one that sparked your interest. You ran your hands over the shimmering, oak wood, and plucked each string lightly. It was perfectly in tune, and in amazing condition. You lifted it down in your arms carefully, holding it in the position of you getting ready to play. You simply looked up at Murdoc, your eyes twinkling and your lips parted ever so slightly. He let out a chuckle and nodded, ruffling your hair like a proud father - which kind of made you feel weird. "Its all yours, (y/n)."
You squealed and grabbed him into a tight hug, being careful of your guitar swung over your back. "Muddz! Thank you so much! This is even prettier and in better condition than my old one," He patted your back and embraced you in his arms. "No problem, baby~" the two of you stepped back from each other, you still smiling madly. "Now! Make some music!" He clapped his hands and went over to a chair, sitting down with his elbows on his knees, and his chin placed in his palms. Your face heated up and you swung your guitar back around, once again checking to make sure it was in tune. "Oh, uh, alright!" You cleared your throat and began to tap your foot. You started to strum your new guitar, making sure to keep beat within your mind as you slowly stopped tapping your food. Each note you played was angelic, and what followed was even more fantastic. Your voice flowed with the chords you played as you sung (song you like), singing passionately and clearly. Murdoc was at the edge of his seat, a smile planted on his face from ear to ear, and his eyes like large stars, twinkling in amazement and shock. Your voice was rich and pure, and it sounded like someone who had years of practice, when really you never even had one. You learned guitar from your abusive ex, and it was honestly the only good thing that came out of your relationship.
As you reached the end of your song, you let your voice decrescendo, your last few words being nothing but whispers. You dropped your hands to your side and met eyes with Murdoc. He almost immediately hopped up and began to clap loudly and proudly. "Sweet Satan, (y/n)! That was fantastic! You have such an angelic voice, and your way of playing is absolutely stunning!" You liked him a lot better sober, you decided. He laughed and looked around at the other instruments in the room. "Do you know any others by any chance?" Your face was as red as it had been when you saw 2D half naked, and there was a smile glued to your face like no other. "Y-yeah! Actually, I can play some scales and three songs on the piano, and I'm willing to learn more if you'd like." Murdoc placed his hands on his hips and nodded with contempt. "Lessons will begin tomorrow, then! And maybe we can start ta' write some songs and get on with tha' recordin'!" You squealed, curling your toes. "Thank you so much, Murdoc." He walked over and grabbed your waist, pulling you closer to him. "No problem, (y/n)~" he gently pressed his lips to your forehead and held you close, and a shiver went up your spine. You pushed him back from you and cleared your throat, tugging nervously on your shirt collar. "So! Uh, do you mind if I shower? Maybe brush my teeth?" He cleared his throat as well, his eyes darting around the room and his face getting pink. "Y-yeah! Of course, lov. Ya know where the room is, I'm gonna ride back down to tha' first floor, maybe get some drinks. I also need to check up on something..." you knew what he meant, and you seemingly held your breath.
He rode with you back up to his room, and then went down to check on what you assumed was 2D. You let out a sigh and walked into his bathroom, and began to shower. Once you got out, you smeared the fog off the mirror and looked in it. You didn't look as bad as you expected, although your hair was a bit tangled. You grabbed a comb and brushed it out, being gentle and trying not to tug too much. Your skin was clear with not a bump in sight, and your beautiful (e/c) eyes were crystal clear, as well. You stared at yourself in the eyes for a few moments after brushing out your hair, and squealed. 2D called my eyes lovely... you thought to yourself, cupping your cheeks and softly closing your eyes. After a bit of reminiscing from last night, you grabbed a peach colored shirt from Murdocs drawers, and reached in the basket of a clean load of laundry placed on Murdocs bed (which you assumed Noodle had done rather recently), and slipped on the jeans and panties you had been wearing before. You walked over to a full length mirror and tied the bottom of his shirt in to a little knot. You smiled at yourself. True, your hair was still a little damp, but damn you looked cute.
You walked out of the room and took the stairs down to the 4th floor, grabbed your new guitar, and walked down to the kitchen and living room area. Noodle was no where in sight, and neither was Murdoc. You looked down at the floor and felt your stomach flip. You were incredibly anxious about 2D and Murdoc being alone. You breathed in and let out your breath slowly. You walked to the front door, opened it, and stepped out. You made your way over to to a rather large rock and sat on it, gazing out at the ocean. You closed your eyes and hummed, playing your guitar peacefully as the waves crashed to the shore, water coming up and nipping your toes every so often. It was like you were back at home for a single moment; and then Murdoc busted outside. "(Y/N)! WHAT THE BLOODY 'ELL! GET BACK IN 'ERE, YOU COULD GET HURT!" You whipped your head around and scoffed at him. His eyes weren't full of anger, but full of fear. You shrugged and decided to listen to him, heading back up the the door. He yanked you inside and slammed the door shut. "Just...play in here." You tilted your head and giggled. "The ocean is empty, what's going to hurt me?" He said nothing and walked over to the fridge. You began to get worried, "Right...Muddz?" He shrugged and winked at you, popping open a bottle of champagne. "Care to eh...celebrate your new instrument?" You put your hand up and shook your head, going to sit on the couch to play with your guitar. "Suit ya'self, love..." he walked off, drink in one hand and pornographic magazine in the other, humming the song you had played him eariler.