part 29

"(Y/N)!"

You woke up, leaping to your feet, nearly ramming your head on the headboard. 2D groaned and rolled over, reaching his arm around for you. When he noticed you weren't next to him, he sat straight up and his eyes followed to where yours were.

Cyborg Noodle was standing in the door way, oil leaking from beneath her left eye. She held a machine gun in one hand, and a knife in the other. "Murdoc, we need..." She stuttered. You took a few steps towards her, grabbing one of 2Ds shirts and throwing it on over your bare chest. "Noodle," you began, still inching towards her. "Are you ok? You seem hurt," 2D cleared his throat, trying to encourage you not to get closer. Cyborg Noodle shook her head vigoursly and looked down momentarily. He eyes then shot back up and met yours. "We need to leave." She replied sternly, turning on her heel and exiting the room. "Follow soon." She called out as her voice and foot steps trailed off down the hall. More confused than you were when you first awoke on Murdocs boat, you turned to 2D and frowned. "What does she mean? Is this about us? I..." 2D suddenly jumped out of bed, cutting you off midsentence. He reached down and picked up your bra, shorts and shirt, and tossed it to you. "I'll get yew a jacket, too. It's goin' to be cold on the ocean," you hearted dropped, and you began to frantically change into your clothes. "We're leaving Plastic Beach? Why, Stu? I'm so confused," a large crash and boom cut you off once again, and it felt as if the whole island had shook. 2D didn't reply, and he began to put on clothes himself. He slipped on a plain black shirt, some jeans, and put on a pair of converse. "We'll check tha' robots room before we leave to get yew a pair of shoes," he mumbled, his back facing you as he searched around in his drawers. "2D..." you called. No reply. "Stu," no reply.

"STUART!" You shrieked, your face like fire.

2D dropped the mask he was holding, and he turned to face you. His bottom lip was trembling, and his hands were pulled up close to his chest. "I don't want yew to get scared, I want to protect yew." It looked as if he was going to cry. Your heart started pounding and you dashed over to him. You threw your arms around him and held him close. "Please just tell me what's going on. I'm so confused, I'm so scared," 2D sniffled and backed up from you. He bent down and picked up his mask, handing it to you. "Pirates."
You snickered a little and smiled, grasping the white mask with a silly nose and eyes on it. "Come on, Stu, if this is a prank-" 2D glared into your eyes, his face emotionless and flushed. "Ets not ah' joke, (y/n). I dunno where we are goin to go, but yew and I need to find Murdoc and 'is robot." You nodded and extended your hand, and 2D took it.

The two of you ran from the elevator and into Cyborg Noodles room. 2D began to dig through drawers and boxes for shoes; meanwhile, you looked out of the window. You didn't know how to react to what you were seeing. Planes flew in, giant ships collided. Suddenly, 2D yanked you back from the window and looked into your eyes. "Please don' get yewrself scared by lookin at that," you nodded, completely silent. 2D handed you a pair of socks and vans, and you sat down and began to put them on. While lacing them up, Murdoc busted into the room. He had blood on his face and cuts on his throat. He was wearing a captains hat that would usually make you laugh, but now you didn't. "YOU BLOODY IDIOTS!" He screeched, grabbing holding of your wrist and 2Ds, "STOP STALLING TIME AND GET YOUR SORRY ASSES TO THE SUBMARINE!" You didn't know what to say or how to react, so you did nothing. Murdoc yanked on your arm and began to pull you forward. 2D followed behind the two of you, cursing at Murdoc. Their words mixed in with the sound of gunfire, and suddenly, there was no sound at all.
Once in the elevator, Murdoc aggressively pressed the button labeled as negative five, and the elevator shot down. Murdoc was still firmly gripping your wrist, and 2D didn't like it. Once the elevator stopped, the three of you stepped out into a large room with no windows, but one large metal hatch in the middle of the floor. You didn't know how deep under water you were, and you didn't want to know. Murdoc dragged you over to the door and finally let go of your wrist. 2D ran up to be in front of you, and squatted down to place his hands on it. "Do we go in now, Murdoc?" He asked, looking up at you with eyes full of worry. Murdoc took out a cigarette and lit it with shaky hands. "Yes," he grumbled, shoving the pack of cigs into his back pocket. "Noodle should be in there with tha' supplies." 2D nodded and opened the hatch, revealing a ladder and the inside of a submarine.
2D climbed down first, and then helped you down. Murdoc followed soon after, tightly closing the hole behind him. You looked around in the rather large submarine. Cyborg Noodle was sorting through crates of food, water, and liquor towards the back of it. Murdoc sighed and made his way over to the front of the submarine, his hair messy and dirty. "Will they not follow us?" You asked, your voice barely above a whisper. 2D stopped behind you and wrapped his arms around your shoulders, pulling you close to him. Murdoc chuckled and sat down in a large chair that was positioned in front of the steering wheel, along with many buttons and levers. "Damn idiots probably think ah'm still up there, won't stop til' they kill me. And they won't kill me. Cause we're leavin." Your heart thudded and you pressed yourself back against 2D. "Why do they want you dead? Who are they? Where are we going?"