part 18

You woke up to the sun shining in on your eyelids and 2D's arms wrapped around you tightly. You opened your eyes and looked up at him; he was still asleep. His lips were parted slightly, and it made you really want to just fucking kiss him. He lips were so soft when he had kissed your forehead before, and all you wanted was for those lips to be planted on yours right now. You breathed in deeply and let it out through your nose, deciding against it. You could feel his chest slowly rise and fall with each breath he took. You cleared your throat and tried to move out from under him without waking him, but you failed. 2Ds eyes fluttered open, and they met yours. He let go of you and rubbed his eyes, yawning and sitting up. "Good mornin lov, did yew sleep well?" You nodded and stretched your arms, feeling much better than you had when you had slept on he couch the other nights. "How about you?" He smiled widely and grabbed your hands in his. "It was tha' best ah've ever slept." You giggled and got your hands from his grasp, standing up and adjusting your pants which were kind of twisted around. "Would yew like me to make yew breakfast, lov? I feel much better now, although I could do for a few more of those pain killa's," you shrugged and helped him out of bed gently. "If you'd really like to cook for me, then go ahead. Just be careful." You said to him with a smile. He tucked a strand of your (h/c) hair gently behind your ear and smiled back at you. He held your hand up to his cheek and purred a bit, your face lighting up like a street light. "What are you...doing?"
"I'm just appreciating yew."
"O-oh? What for?"
"I dunno, just for being 'ere wif me."
You smiled as he dropped your hand, his eyes meeting yours yet again. "Let's get downstairs and make some breakfast." He nodded in agreement and followed you out to the elevator. He stepped out of the elevator before you, and playfully dashed into the kitchen. "Yew! All I need from yew is some pain killers, then yew need to to lay back on tha' couch, maybe finally turn on that tv and watch a movie or somethin!" You covered your mouth and laughed, following him into the kitchen. You grabbed the bottle of pain killers and gave him two, and then went to the fridge to get him a glass of water. You handed both things to him and he smiled at you, quickly swallowing the pills. "Alrighty, thank yew, now go get comfy!" You shrugged and marched into the living room, plopping down on the couch. You lazily reached out for the remote and clicked on the TV. No signal. You sighed and got back up, walking over to the stack of movies beneath it. There weren't nearly as many movies here as there were in 2Ds room, but you didn't want to go all the way down there. You grabbed the only horror movie you could find, which happened to be the Shining, and put it in the CD player placed beneath the useless cable box.
After getting it set up, you walked back over to the couch and snuggled up in your blanket. You began to watch the movie, but you still partially focused your hearing on what 2D was doing in the kitchen. Every so often you'd hear him mumble a curse word, drop an egg. Bless his heart. Soon enough, 2D came over and sat next to you, a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in each hand. His toast looked burnt, and yours still looked like bread, but you didn't mind all that much. He smiled at you anxiously as you took the plate. "Thanks a bunch, Stu! Means a lot that you'd cook for me," He scooped up some eggs and shoved the fork in his mouth, sitting down next to you. "No problem." He mumbled through a mouth full of food, "Its the least ah' can do." You looked over at him and smiled. He was watching the movie, and his eyes were light stars again. Most of you wished that Murdoc was never coming back, but you also really wanted that hoodie you asked him for. You took a bite of the eggs, and to your surprise, they weren't half bad. "These are really good!" You exclaimed, causing 2Ds smile to widen.
"Yew really fink so?"
"Mmhm! You're a good cook, too." You said as you took a bite of the bread-toast. After finishing your meal, both of you continued to sit on the couch and watch the movie.
"Did 'e have any other moves down 'ere?"
"Only pornos." You snickered, leaning into him.
"We can watch one of 'em if yew want,"
"Oh? Because they'd be kind of funny?"
"I dunno, I was finkin romantic. I haven't seen one in a while, maybe not."
You laughed at his idea that they'd possibly be romantic, which made him pout a bit.
"Sorry, ah'm stupid."
You turned your face towards him and gasped, your eyes widening.
"No no, you aren't."
"But yew laughed at me..."
"Yeah, but I don't think you're stupid. It was just funny,"
"Are yew sure? Sometimes I feel stupid..."
You grabbed his hand and held it tightly, looking down at your intertwined fingers. "Stu, you're not dumb." He looked down at your hands, and then up to you. The two of you made eye contact and smiled at each other. "If yew don't think I am... maybe I'm not." You nodded and fixed your gaze back on the movie, resting your head on his shoulder. He didn't seem to mind the hand holding, so you let it last. Your stomach wasn't nearly as crazy when you two were this close, you felt much more comfortable around him now. Although your body still felt like it was filled to the brim with lava, there was something different about being around him and so close to him now, and you felt much better around him than without him. Hell, without him you began to feel yourself slipping into some sort of sadness.
I loved (exbf/n), but I never felt this way about him, I... you felt 2D's grip tighten on your hand as he pulled it a bit more onto his lap.
I'm happier now that I ever was with him.