part 20

When you got up to the balcony, you were greeted with a subtle, cool breeze. It gently blew your hair back from your face and continued to as you walked towards 2D. 2D was standing by the railing, leaning on it carefully and gently looking out at the ocean. The purple tint in the sky caused his hair to have a purple under tone, and it made the blue seem even more vibrant. "Hey, I got a pretty thick blanket and a pillow for each of us," you said with a smile, setting the stuff on the ground near a few lounge chairs. 2D turned to you, causing the wind to blow his hair into his face. He gave off a goofy smile and walked towards you, trying to move his hair from his eyes and mouth as he did. He got so close to you that he was only a step away from being pressed against your body again. Your face lit up like the setting sun, and he reached his hand down to cup your cheek. He moved a few stray hairs back from your face and smiled softly, staring into your eyes. You stared back into his. His eyes were pitch black, but full of emotion. You smiled and buried your cheek into his warm hand. "Yew really do have tha' most lovely eyes," He cooed, refusing to break eye contact. You reached up and pushed his hair back from his eyes, and then rested your hand on his shoulder. "And I think you have the most interesting." He chuckled and let go of your face, squatting down to the blanket and pillows you had tossed to the ground. He thought for a second, and then shot back up from the ground and grabbed two lounge chairs. He scooted them together tightly, and propped up the backs of them so that they weren't too low down to see the sun set and the water. He grabbed a pillow and the blanket and plopped down on the one to the right. He patted the seat next to him and you sat down. He reached down and handed you the other pillow, and then threw the blanket over both of you. He buried the lower half of his face under it, and you did the same. Now that he was facing the ocean, the wind blew his hair out of his face rather than in it, giving you a clear view of his eyes.
Although they were black, they acted as mirrors. Every star beginning to appear in the sky began to appear in his eyes, glistening like that's where they belonged. The sun sets colors were casting a vibrant purple, pink and orange throughout the ocean and the balcony, but they were brighter in his eyes than anywhere else. The black was noticeable, sure, but the more you focused on his eyes the more the colors from the sky popped out. You sighed and followed his gaze out to the ocean. Even though part of you would much rather be home that stuck on this isolated island, the view here was like no other. You had never seen such bright colors painted in the sky, and even if you had, you would've never seen them reflected in the beautiful pool of emotion and colors that were 2Ds eyes. You felt him look over at you, and you felt a shiver shoot up your spine. Butterflies flew back into your stomach, and you continued to look out at the ocean. He let out a deep sigh and rested his forearm on your shoulder. You looked over to him without moving your head and saw the smile planted on his face. His eyes were large when he looked at you, and his face was gently feathered with pink. Seeing his face this way made yours mimic it. He laughed when he noticed your face was pink, obviously oblivious to how red his own face was. You smiled, shook your head, rolled your eyes and looked back out at the ocean.

2Ds P.O.V (first and last time, probably)
Her eyes, her smile, her everything. Its all so amazing, so perfect, like nothing I've ever seen before. The way she acts around me makes me happy, so happy. Happier than I've ever been, and probably happier than I ever will be. I feel tongue tied when I'm around her, but she seems so confident when she speaks to me, which makes me feel so much more comfortable. I adore her, I truly do. She's so perfect, so much better than all of the whores and sluts I've been with in the past. Sure, this island is a living Hell, but I wouldn't trade being here with her for the world.

Readers P.O.V
"(Y/n)?" His voice broke the silence and you twisted your body around to look at him, pulling the blanket down from over your mouth a bit just as he had.
"Yeah? What's up?"
"Do I make yew... happy?"
"Yeah, of course you do. Why?"
"I dunno, just making sure tha' feelin is mutual."
Your whole body felt like it was on fire, and you remained facing him. He reached his arm out and put it around you and pulled you closer to him. So close that your chests were pressed together and your hearts were beating in sync. He rested his head above yours and wrapped his legs around your hips, holding you closer and tighter than he ever has before. You truly felt so safe and comfortable in his embrace. You didn't want this to end.
The subtle breeze began to pick up as the sun lowered further down in the sky, soon disappearing beneath the waves. The breeze picked up into a chilly wind, and it nipped at your nose. It must've nipped at 2Ds a bit, too, because without asking for permission, he pulled the large, thick blanket up and over both of your heads. You giggled and looked up at him, your eyes meeting. "If you're really this cold, we should go back in, you goof ball." He stuck his tongue out at you and shook his head. "Nah, I like bein out here wif yew." You smiled at him and buried your head into his chest. He began to hum, moving his hands up and down your back in a loving manner. You put your arms in between your bodies in an effort to keep your hands warm. You allowed yourself to drift off to a peaceful sleep.

You woke up to the gentle tug of 2D pulling on your arm. "(Y/n), yew fell asleep for a while, would yew like to go ta' bed?" You yawned and nodded, getting up from the lounge chairs. You grabbed your pillow and 2D grabbed his and the blanket you two had been using. You got in the elevator this time, too lazy to be bothered by walking down a flight of stairs. 2D pressed the button for you and opened the door to Murdocs room once the two of you got there. You didn't say anything more than a simple "Thank you," once or twice throughout this. Once you got into his room, you carelessly took of your shirt and tossed it to the side, and did the same with your pants. You got in bed in nothing but your underwear; and then realized that you were going to be sleeping with 2D. Your eyes widened and you jumped up, yanking the covers over your body. "F-fuck! I'm sorry, holy shit, I'm just so tired, I'm sorry, I..." 2D stopped you by pressing his long, slender index fingers gently on your lips. He hopped into bed next to you and slid under the covers. "Don't worry, lov." He rolled over, his back to you, and you did the same. You felt really embarrassed, and like you couldn't sleep now. We were just cuddling, and now he has his back to me? What the hell, (y/n)? Why would you have stripped in front of him like such a damn idiot? You laid away in bed, facing the large glass wall, staring out at the ocean.
Just as you began to fall back asleep, you felt the bed shift. Your heart began to race, and not soon after that, you felt 2Ds arm wrap around you and pull you in. He began to spoon you, inching his face closer and closer to your neck. "Are yew awake?" He asked, his breath hitting your neck, causing your whole body to feel warm. "Yeah, why?"
"Oh uh, sorry for bothering yew, but ah' can't sleep..."
"Neither can I."