part 43

You woke up to the sound of Cyborg knocking on the door. 2D shifted around in your lap, and you lifted your hands up from his hair. He rubbed his eyes and sat up. He spun around to face you and slouched over. His eyes looked heavy, but he still managed to have that same damn charming smile. "Is 'et time, luv?" He questioned, his voice a bit raspy due to the fact he just woke up front what you assumed was a deep sleep. "Yeah, I think so. You ready to get Murdoc and leave this hell on water?" 2D snickered and stood up. He stretched his arms quickly before offering you a hand. You took his hand and he pulled you up. "Ready as ah'll eva' be." He replied, causing you to giggle a bit as well. He cupped his cheek in your hand and then let it fall to your shoulder. "Well, let's get'ah move on." You nodded and followed him to the door. He opened it slowly, just as a precaution in case it wasn't Cyborg who knocked. But thankfully, it was. You stepped out of the way of the door and watched as 2D stepped one foot out of the door. He poked his head back inside and smiled at you. "All clea' luv!" He exclaimed, his voice cracking mid-sentence. He stepped out of the cell full and offered you a hand, which you took, and you followed close behind him. Cyborg was across the hall, leaning against the wall. "There are others." She stated, emotionless. You curled your lip and glanced around at the other cell doors. "Are they all full?" Cyborg simply replied with a nod. You sucked your teeth and looked up and over at 2D. "Should we let them out? Let them run wild and kill the pirates who locked them up? It'd be a really good distraction." Cyborg's eyes widened, and a small grinned found its place on her face. "Yes." She replied, twirling the keys around her finger as if she ran the place. You sighed in relief and stood closer to 2D. "Alright. Do we have any more weapons?" Cyborg pondered for a second, and then looked to 2D. "Stuart, did they entrust you with any form of weapons?" 2D nodded vigorously and lifted up his shirt. Around his waist was a belt which held pistols, bullets and knives. How you hadn't felt all of that while hugging him was a mystery to you. "Yah, they dih'd, actually." 2D pulled a pistol out and held it firmly in his hand. "Ah'll keep dis. Do yew two 'ave weapons?" You and Cyborg nodded in unison. You pulled your own pistol out form your waistband, and Cyborg pulled her dagger out from her boot. The three of you stood in silence for a few moments, before Cyborg jangled the keys. "I should start." 

Cyborg walked over to the door next to the cell you had been in earlier. She slid the master key into the lock, and twisted it until there was the click of it unlocking. You inhaled deeply through your nose and watched cautiously as Cyborg slowly opened the door. Out busted a rather muscular woman with shoulder length ginger hair. Her eyes were full of flames as they darted around the hall, but Cyborg didn't seem worried. 2D gripped your shoulder and pulled you back against his chest a bit. "What the fuck..." She spoke, her voice low and raspy. "You are free to go." Replied Cyborg, handing the woman a dagger from 2D's belt. "On one condition, you help us get our friend and you help us leave." Without hesitation, the woman yanked the dagger from Cyborgs hand. "And if I don't?" She hissed, stepping back and fixing her posture so that she towered over Cyborg. "I will kill you." She sounded so confident, so sure she could take down this buffalo of a woman if need be. The woman nodded in reply. "Are you going to let out the other people down here, too?" Cyborg nodded back and then quickly shooed her off. "Please go wait by the stairs while I unlock the other cells." The woman groaned, obviously not liking being directed. But, she listened and walked past you and 2D and leaned against the wall next to the stairs. 

Cyborg repeated this with the remaining seven people from the cells. Majority of them were men, but all of the women looked just as strong. Once you were all standing at the foot of the stairs, the ginger woman put a foot on the first step. "What now? We just go and... kill?"

She looked at Cyborg, but you were the one to answer. "Yes." 

The woman grinned, her dirty, crooked teeth showing. "Just my style." And with that, all of the people behind you and around you barged past and busted ass up to the main deck, whooping and  hollering, just excited to be free. Cyborg followed them up, but her approach was much quieter. 

You looked over to 2D, your eyes immediately clicking with his. He smiled softly and moved a piece of hair from your dirty, bloody, sweaty face. You smiled back at him, not saying a single word. He looked so different now.  He had bruises that you had caused, he had gashes that he had caused. His hair was a mess, and he was damp from all of the nervous sweating. But you didn't mind. 

You stood up on your tiptoes and gave his nose a light peck. "Shall we get going?" \

2D nodded and faced the steps. "Afta' yew, luv."