part 19

The movie was nearing it's end, and the sun was in the middle of the sky, making you aware that it must be around noon. Once it was fully over, you hopped up and put a hand out to 2D, pulling him up carefully. "What now?" You asked him, grabbing the dishes and walking them over to the sink. 2D shrugged and smiled at you, gently resting his elbow on your shoulder as he watched you scrub the dishes and forks. "Would yew like to eh, maybe sing wif me a bit? Play some music?" Your eyes widened and you spun around to him, a goofy smile plastered on your face from eye to eye. "Is that even a question, Stu? Hell yeah!" He chuckled and turned the water off, grabbed your hands tightly, and dashed over to the elevator. You both stepped in, him waiting for you to press the button patiently. You hopped out of the elevator when you were on the desired floors and you ran into the music room, grabbing your guitar quickly. "Play me somethin, Stu!" His face turned a bright red and he sat down at the piano, slouching a bit. "What do yew want me ta' play?" You shrugged, tuning your guitar. "Play one of your original songs or even make something up, your voice is perfect either way." He snickered and let our a sigh, smiling down at the piano as he began to play the notes to an unplugged version of his song Revolving Doors. You hadn't heard the song before, so you stopped tuning and listened closely.
You walked over to him and sat criss-cross next to the pianos bench. He didn't look at you; in fact, after a while he closed his eyes. His voice got shaky as he went further into the song, but his voice was still clear and powerful. "I feel that I'm paused, by all the...pills..." his singing faded into just talking, and he dropped his hands down of the keys aggressively. You hopped up to your feet to comfort him, but he quickly hit himself in the head. "I'm a fuckin idiot! I..." he looked down at his hands, his eyes getting foggy. Without thinking, you walked behind him and wrapped your arms around him, just as he had done to you before. But unlike you, he didn't cry. He simply breathed in and out slowly, causing you to rise up a bit as his back did. "Stuart you're not an idiot. Why would you call yourself one? You were coming up with the notes and words so perfectly, like you had already written it," you squeezed him a bit, and he sighed loudly. "I already did... tha' was a song from before Murdoc gassed me and took me 'ere. It gets me emotional, ya'know? Ah' feel like I'm a damned fool for gettin involved wif Murdoc to begin wif." You let go of him and took a few paces back, and he turned to face you. "After what he did to you, you had no choice. You're not an idiot at all." He shrugged and spun back around to the piano. "Let's uh, let's play somethin together. Let's be happy, yew and me." You smiled and grabbed your guitar up from the ground, swinging the strap over your shoulder. "Of course, what will it be?"
After seemingly endless hours of doing a series of duets, the two of you were sick and tired of singing. You rested your guitar on top of the piano and 2D stood up. He looked out of the large glass windows and smiled. "Would yew like to go out there and watch the sunset? Since we 'aven't gotten to yet, and Murdoc is probably finna be back tomorrow night." You wrapped your arm around his and smiled. "Of course, I can even bring out some pillow and blankets for us to cuddle up in if you'd like." He nodded and looked back down at you, his dark eyes twinkling as if they were filled with stars.
"Would yew like to go up to tha balcony? It should be facin the opposite of where the sun came up last time." You gave him a full smile and nodded, "Of course! I'll grab some blankets and pillows from Murdocs bed on our way up."
"Alrighty, I'll go up 'ere by myself first and check around, just ta' make sure there isn't anyone out in tha' water." You gave him a questioned looked as the two of you began to walk up the stairs. Why the bloody hell would there be people out this deep in the ocean?
You went your separate ways once you reached Murdocs room. You went in and quickly went into the bathroom, fixing your hair in the mirror. Your face was as red as the sheets on Murdocs bed were, and your eyes were wide and full of life. You gave yourself half of a smile and walked out of the bathroom, snatching a blanket and two pillows before exiting the bedroom. "This is going to be nice," you mumbled, struggling to hold all of the stuff in your arms as you walked up the last flight of stairs.
---
AUTHORS  NOTE; Sorry for another short chapter!! I plan on making next one long, detailed, and hella cute (: