part 35

2D ran his hands up and down your back gently, allowing you to sink into him. You wanted to cry, but you couldn't. Everything had happened so fast, and you were in so much shock over what had just happened. You let out a deep sigh and pushed yourself away from 2D. He looked down at you and stared into your cold (e/c) eyes. He sighed in return and placed his large hand on your cheek. You leaned into it and shut your eyes. "I know yew are sad," he began rubbing his thumb softly on your face. "But I promise yew that we are goin to get that robot back. And ah'm going to be wif yew. I don't care what that ol' pickle says." A stray tear fell from your eye and ran over his fingers. He wiped it off and pulled your face up close to his. Without hesitation, he planted his lips on yours. Your faces were burning next to each other, as if it was the first time you two had kissed. You broke the kiss and smiled up at him. The first time you had smiled all day. "Stuart. I love you."
"I luv yew too."

It had been about an hour or so of driving around in the ocean, and you were beginning to get a bit impatient. "Murdoc, do you even know where they took her?" Murdoc grumbled up front and tapped his foot on the metal floor. "Of course I fuckin do, it's just hard to get there without being spotted, and it's hard to find. It's on a bloody pirate ship." You stood up from next to 2D, but a sharp pain in your arm made you decided to remain seated for the time being. "Ya need to rest, anyways. We won't be going in until it's dark out. It'll be easier that way," you looked down at your hands again and clenched your fists. "Okay." You replied, your voice as cold as the steel floor. 2D scooted closer to you and rested his hand on your knee. You didn't look up at him, but you could tell he was looking at you. You felt a small bit of blush spread across your cheeks.
"Yew know, (y/n), I've always thought yew were so very sweet. So very lovely. As soon as yew saved me from that bloody whale at my window, I knew yew would be carin for me. Oh! And, and when yew snuck me out those few times to cuddle wif yew and look out at the pretty sky? I always thought yew were prettier," he was whispering, making sure Murdoc didn't hear about how you had been down to his room so many times. You looked up at him and sniffled a little, a wave of happiness washing over you. "Stu... why are you telling me this?" 2D chuckled under his breath and smiled. He looked ahead of him, trying to avoid eye contact due to how flustered he was. "Because I admire yew. I admire how yew are riskin yewr life for Cyborg Noodle. Even if I'd rather yew not get hurt... again..." he glanced at your arm and pouted. You sighed and rested your cheek on his shoulder. You placed your hand over his and shut your eyes. "I need to do this for her. I'm sorry, Stuart." He nodded and gripped your knee tighter. "Don't say sorry, luv. Yewr doing great things with yewr life. Yewr amazin." You felt as warm inside as you felt when he had kissed your forehead the first time. You felt as estatic as the first time your eyes had met. You felt as happy as the first time you heard his voice on the radio. So much happier than you had ever been with your ex. Even if you had been to Hell and back just to be at the war zone you were involved in now, you were just thankful it was all with 2D. Butterflies swarmed your stomach as you let your mind wander back to the memories you two had made on Plastic Beach.
"Hey, Stu, remember when I got lonely and went down to get you?"
"Heheh, ye. How could I forget? Thank yew for that."
"Yeah, thank you, too."
"I remember when I put mah' head in yewr lap and looked up at yew, yewr face was cherry red."
"It was???"
"Oh ye, very much so. It was cute. Yewr so cute,"
Your mind felt at peace once again as you reminisced with your boyfriend. "I'm so happy I got kidnapped." You said with a giggle. 2D snorted and nodded. "Me too, otherwise I wouldn't 'ave ever met yew! Thank yew for gassin me, Muddz!" He called out. The two of you snickered like little kids.

It fell silent for a while, and you shut your eyes once again, leaning into 2D. "I'm going to try to rest some more," you mumbled. "Good idea, luv. I'll probably sleep a bit mah'self." You yawned and curled your legs up. 2D wrapped his arm around you and held you tight in his embrace.

You slowly drifted off to sleep, listening to 2D hum To Binge as you did. You fell asleep with a soft smile resting on your face.

---
A/n; Sorry it's short. More of just a filler than than a chapter,