part 17

You opened the refrigerator door and looked around inside of it. There wasn't much, but you were able to find what seemed like a hamburger wrapped in foil. You grabbed it out and set it to the side, and then grabbed out some ketchup, mustard, pickles, and some other things to put on it. "Hey, 2D, how does a burger sound?" You called out to him, looking for buns in the cabinet. "That actually sounds lovely... thank yew, (y/n)!" You smiled and pulled out the buns, turning on the oven and setting a pan on it. You sprayed on a bit of butter so the burger wouldn't stick, and you plopped it onto the pan. "Aye, uh, (y/n), mind if ah' come in there? I'm a bit lonely..." you shrugged and continued to focus on the food. "I mean, if you'd really like to. Just be careful." Behind you, you could hear the leather couch squeak gently, and then 2D's bare feet dragging on the wooden floor. A few seconds later and you heard him grab the room side of the door way for balance, and then heard him continue to shuffle towards you. When he got up to you, you could feel his body heat. He was standing behind you, towering over you, watching you cook.
"So, yew mentioned 'aving a boyfriend before? What happened wif that if yew don't mind me asking." You choked on your spit a bit as you remembered your ex, as you remembered every single time he made you feel like you were nothing better than the dirt he walked on. "He wasn't a very good boyfriend, let's just put it that way." You felt 2D lean over a bit more, his shadow covering the pan. You moved the burger around, trying to play it off; when in reality you could feel your palms beginning to sweat again. "What do yew mean by that?" 2D asked, tilting his head. Without turning around to look at him, you sighed and dropped your head. "He was... he was kind of abusive. Made me drop out of high school to tour around with him and his silly little fake band. All of his band mates were douche bags to me, sexual pricks. They were all men, and they'd always bring back female roadies with them. How they got them, I'll never know. They were all sort of slobs, really. My ex, (exbf/n), was probably the best looking out of all of them, but the way he treated me didn't help his case." 2D stepped back a bit, and you tensed up. Did I open up too much? Did I rant?
"Did he, did he hit yew?" A shiver went up your spine, "Yeah, he uh, he did. Quite often I guess." And without hesitation, 2D tightly wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling your back in against his chest. He nuzzled his face into your shoulder and squeezed you a bit, making you feel safe in his embrace. "(Y/n), he didn't deserve yew. Yewr such ah' kind soul. Right now, instead of enjoying time to yewrself, yew are in 'ere cooking for me, and making sure ah'm all okay. Yew seem like yew would be such an amazing girlfriend... he was just a fuckin idiot." You dropped the spatula you were using to cook with on the counter, and you held onto his arms and leaned over a bit. You didn't make a sound, but you felt tears run down your cheeks. He must have noticed, because he held you tighter, closer. You pressed your head against his and closed your eyes. "I did everything for him. I thought he was the one," 2D lifted his head up and rested it on top of yours, slowly swaying back and forth. "He wasn't worth it, lov. Yew will find the perfect guy for yew soon, trust me." You nodded and sniffled, picked up the spatula, and continued to cook. But, 2D continued to stand behind you, his arms wrapped tightly around your waist. And in his arms, you felt at home.
When the burger was done, you clicked off the stove and pulled yourself away from him. Not being in his arms left you with a sense of loneliness, even if he was still right beside you. "I have everything out that would usually be on a burger, would you like me to make it?" 2D shook his head and slid the burger onto a bun. "Yew should relax now, ah've got this under control..." he said, patting on the bottom of the ketchup bottle so it'd come out, "I'm feelin much better now, thank yew so much." You smiled and hugged his arm, being careful of his bruises and cuts. "You're very welcome, Stu." You walked back to the couch and wrapped yourself in the blanket you had been using. You felt your eyes begin to close and you felt yourself beginning to drift off, until you felt the movement of the couch caused by 2D sitting next to you. "Yew aren't eating?" You shook your head and yawned, "I ate eariler. I'm fine." 2D shrugged and took a bite out of his food, smiling as he did. "Gosh, yew are such a great cook! This is tha' best thing ag've had in a while!" You snickered and felt your face heat up, and you inched closer to him. "Thanks, glad you like it."
When he had finished eating, he set the plate on the table next to the couch and stood up, offering out a hand. You took it and he grabbed you up, not letting go. "Do yew want a go bed? Yew seem a little sleepy." You yawned again and rubbed your eyes with your free hand, smiling softly at him. "We could go up to his room now, I want to change into some of his boxers or something for a change, and I want to brush my teeth first." 2D nodded and the two of you walked over to the elevator, got in, and went up to his room. As soon as you opened the door, 2D rushed over to Murdocs large bed and bounced down on it, letting out a great sigh of relief. "This is so much better than tha' dusty ol' bed I have down 'ere!" He rolled over onto his back and put his hands beneath his head, shutting his eyes. You giggled and shuffled through Murdocs drawers, pulling out a baggy white shirt and some checkered boxers. "I haven't slept in anything comfortable in a few nights, mind if I sleep without a bra?" You called out to 2D, going into the bathroom and shutting the door. "Oh... er... sure! Whatever makes yew happy, lov!" You smiled and looked at yourself in the mirror. You slipped off your clothes and put on Murdocs. You brushed out your hair, brushed your teeth, and then washed your face a bit. You then walked out of the restroom and over to Murdocs bed. 2D was under the covers now, the blankets beneath his waist. Your face felt like it was on fire as you climbed in next to him, pulling the covers up all the way. "Sorry we can't watch a movie tonight like I promised," you said, turning over to look at him. He chuckled and positioned himself in the same manner. "This is honestly better than tha' movies, and watching tha' sun rise wif yew..." he playfully booped your nose, making you scrunch it. "Really?" You asked, a smile spread across your face. He answered with a simple nod, and then proceeded to put his arms around you. Your heart beat sped up even more so as he dragged you closer to him, your face millimeters front his chest. He rested his head above yours and shut his eyes. "Is, uh, is this ok?" He asked, holding you tightly. "Of...of course it is, Stu." You buried your face into his chest and you felt him smile, making you smile too.
You felt more protected and safe than you ever had before. You felt like nothing could get you, nothing could harm you. Every negative thought slipped your mind as you were pulled into a deep sleep, cradled in the blue haired boys arms.