part 44

You followed close behind 2D as he dashed up the steps and out onto the deck. The sound of the waves crashing was muffled by the gun shots and screams from the pirates and newly released prisoners. Your heart beat sped up and your palms got sweaty. You gripped the pistol tighter and continued to follow 2D through the crowds. Every so often, someone would bump into either of you, but then they'd just go back to fighting whomever they were fighting before. It was as if the two of you were invisible. And you desperately wanted to keep it that way. There were blood and bodies every where already. Most bodies were that of the pirates, which was a good sign. You decided to keep your eyes up and off of the massacre, so you watched 2D. He was swinging his arms as he walked, rather aggressively. You had never seen him like this. But you didn't blame him. These past weeks have put him through a lot, and you still didn't even know how long he had been trapped on plastic beach. Hell, you were shocked he wanted to rescue Murdoc. You would have wanted him dead in your circumstance. But, 2D wasn't like you. He still seemed to care about Murdoc, which amazed you. His azure blue hair bounced as the two of you zigged and zagged between knife fights, until you got to a large wooden door, with cheesy bones on the door glued on to spell out DO NOT ENTER. You huffed steam from your nose like an angry dragon, and slammed the door open.

Inside was Murdoc. But not how you pictured he would be. He was sitting on a chair, a cup of tea in his hands and a cigarette in his mouth. Across from him was the man whom had taken Cyborg. Your jaw dropped open and your furrowed your brows, and then you looked up at 2D. He had a scowl on his face, something you had never seen him wear before. The two of you stepped in, and you shut the door behind you. You tried to grab 2D's hand, but he pulled away. 

"Wot the bloody 'ell? (Y/n), Cyborg n' I could'ave been out ov' 'ere by now! And..and yewr jus' 'avin tea wif' the boogie man?" He hissed at the end of his sentence. You backed up, giving him some space. Murdoc cleared his throat and rose to his feet, setting the tea down on the table and scooting the chair back with his thighs. "Face ac- er uh... 2D... listen to me, bud. Ah'm working things out right now." 2D took a sharp inhale in through his nose and clenched his fists. "What do yew mean by tha'..." Murdoc glance to, who you presumed to be, the boogie man, and then looked back to you and 2D and winked. You adjusted your grip on your gun, slowly sliding your finger over the trigger, gently pushing down. Ready to shoot. 2D gritted his teeth and rose his gun up, chest level. And pointed it right at Murdoc. Your heart dropped to your stomach.

Murdoc slammed back against the wall and tossed his hands up. "Stuart... buddy... what the fuck are ya' tryin' to do..." You couldn't help, you couldn't move. You were frozen. You didn't know what to do, even if you had control over your body. You looked away from 2D and Murdoc and over to the man in the trench coat and gas mask. He seemed awfully calm. You then looked to Murdoc, and your eyes met with his. He looked scared shitless, and honestly, you were too. You then returned your gaze back to 2D. "Stuart..." you spoke, your voice barely above a whisper. He continued focused on Murdoc. "You don't... please don't..." Great, now you didn't know what to say. "Was this part of tha' fokin' album..." 2D mumbled, his voice starting to crack. "Did yew... did yew put me through all ov' dis so I had ah' reason ta' sing about... bein' in love and afraid? Cause' if so... bravo! Ya' bloody son ova' bitch! You did yewr damned job..." 2D's arms began to get shaky, but they remained up. His gun pointed at Murdoc. Murdoc inhaled deeply and slowly lowered his hands. "2D. Please put ya' gun down. Ah'm in tha' middle of somethi-" the sound of a bullet breaking loose from the gun cut Murdoc off mid sentence. 

You squeezed your eyes shut, refusing to believe what your boyfriend had just done. Until your arm got yanked, and you got pulled out of the room. But the hand that grabbed you was cold, and decorated with long, sharp nails. You opened your eyes and stumbled a bit. "Holy fucking shit, Murdoc. I thought he..." 2D was far ahead of the two of you, shooting at everyone he could, calling Cyborgs name out. "He shot the fucking boogie man. The last fucking thing you wanna do. We need to leave. Now." You swallowed your fear and nodded, getting free from Murdocs grasp and dashing to catch up with 2D. And that's when you collided into someone. "(Y/n)!" Cyborg shouted, grabbing both of your forearms and looking into your eyes. "Stuart is in the submarine. You must go to him. Quickly. I will stay by Murdoc." You nodded with content and continued to swerve through the crowd, until you reached the ladder. Down below was the submarine, and on top of it was 2D. The waves were gentle, and the wind was blowing his hair from his eyes. His lips parted ever so slightly, and he smiled up at you, his arms out. Ready for your embrace. You twisted your body around so you could climb down, when you got yanked back by the collar of your shirt.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going, princess?~" It was Dustin. You sucked air in sharply through your gritted teeth, and placed your hands on his wrists. You dug your nails into his skin, but all he did was chuckle. 2D's screams from below were drowned out by a ringing in your ear. You only had one option at this point. You reached into your waistband and pulled out our pistol. You placed the barrel right between his ribs, and you pulled the trigger. He quickly drug his dagger across your stomach, the blood immediately flooding down your skin. And then he dropped you. 

You didn't react. You just let gravity do its job. You shut your eyes and winced at the shock of the water colliding with your back. It stung, and you sunk. You didn't bother to try to swim up. You opened your eyes for a moment, and then everything went black.