part 8; a view as lovely as you

The two of you sat outside for some time, occasionally exchanging words, but just taking in the view for the most part. You imagined that Murdoc would be awake in a few hours, so you nudged 2Ds shoulder, his eyes meeting yours. "Uh, maybe we should...uh," what the fuck are you doing, (y/n)?? you yelled at yourself in your head. You were tongue tied. His eyes were still as beautiful as they were an hour or so ago, and his face; gosh his face. It looked sculpted by angles. His bright blue hair flopped in the wind, his gaze focused on you. "Should we what, lov?" He asked, tilting his head and leaning in closer, causing you to back up. "Should we think about heading in?" You finally managed to get out, your eyes still met with his. He nodded, turning back once more to stare out at the ocean. "(Y/n)..." he whispered, his voice nothing louder than the subtle breeze running through your hair. He fixed his gaze on you once again, his eyes traveling up and down your body. Your muscles tensed up as he leaned in closer. Your heart beat accelerated. Is he going to kiss my cheek? My lips? My neck? What is he doing, why is he so cl- your thoughts were cut off by 2D seemingly collapsing on your lap, his arms wrapped around your waist and his chin resting on your thighs. He looked up at you, a small and sweet smile on his face, his azure, choppy bangs covering his eyes. You wondered if he could even see you. You hoped he couldn't, because your face was as pink as the sunrise. You lifted your arms up in shock, no knowing what had happened. You looked down at him with a confused look on your face. He snickered. "This is better than tha' movie." He said, turning his head so his cheek was placed on your thighs rather than his chin. He placed his hands on your lower back, gently tracing his finger tips along the elastic of Murdocs boxers. His cold touch against your bare skin sent a shiver up your spine, but you didn't mind. Still in shock, you slowly lowered your arms and hands, slowly and delicately running your fingers through his hair. It was softer than any blanket or pillow you've ever come across, and you continued to play with it.
  2D cooed, obviously loving the affection you were showing him. He shut his eyes and held tightly around your waist. The two of you had instantly forgotten about your concern for Murdoc to wake up. It was as if the two of you were the only ones awake. The only ones on the planet. You shifted your legs, causing the sleepy boy to lift his head "you were right, we should get goin'," 2D rose to his feet, offering a hand out to help you up. You took his offer, and he swiftly pulled you up. The two of you walked back inside the building cautiously, and he snuck his way back over to the elevator. He put one foot inside before calling your name softly. "Ey, uhm, (y/n)..." you tiptoed over to him, giving him a friendly smile "yes, 2D?" He smiled back at you and nodded "do ya mind coming back down to visit me tomorrow?" Your eyes lit up and you nodded as fast as you could, smiling like an idiot. "Y-yeah! For sure! I've had a lot of fun tonight." He looked down at you and placed his large hand on your smooth cheek. "I did too..." he cleared his throat and ran his fingers on your face, causing you to lift up on your tippytoes. "(Y/n)...can I kiss yew? As a, erm, friend?" You lowered yourself back down and said nothing. Your eyes got large and met with his, "I don't see why not..." your words trailed off as he bent down and softly kissed your forehead, his hand still placed on your cheek. When he stepped back, his face was red; and judging by his smile you knew yours was too. "Well, goodnight, (y/n), sleep well lov." And with that, the elevator doors shut.
You walked over to the couch, sat down, and squealed. You kicked your feet in the air happily, like a child that had just gotten a kitten for Christmas. Your face was still warm from your blush, and you placed your hand over top of where 2Ds hand had been resting. You traced your jawline with your finger tips and sighed. You expected him to kiss your lips, but a smooch on the forehead was more than enough to get your blood racing. No guy had ever been so delicate to you. So...careful. The kiss replayed over and over in your mind, causing your smile to stick with you for moments longer than anticipated. "It was just as friends," you mumbled to yourself, slowing your breathing and looking up at the ceiling, slowly closing your eyes. "Just...just friends." You finally drifted off to sleep, your mind blank and your dreams full of nothing.
  A few hours later, you heard Murdoc stomp in "Time to get up, princess! I need ya to play some chords for me, maybe sing a little to warm up that pretty lil' voice ah' yours." You tiredly lifted up your head and turned to look at him, he was wearing a soft purple robe and some bunny slippers. You snickered, and let out a simple yawn in reponse. He crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently, like a mother waiting for her child to wake up for school. You debated on asking for five more minutes ironically, but instead sat up. "Ah, good, thank you. Also, hun, I'd like some eggs and hash browns for breakfast." He laughed and walked out of the room, back towards the elevator,"and make it snippy!" You rested your head in your hands and rubbed your eyes. You were tired, but you managed to get up and drag your feet to the kitchen. You wondered if he was going back to his room or to go check on 2D. Hopefully he was going to his room, you knew how sleepy 2D was and you didn't want Murdoc to hurt him for not jumping up as quickly as desired. You carried yourself over to the fridge and grabbed out some eggs. As you got everything out and ready, you turned around to see Noodle standing there. "Oh uh, hey buddy." You smiled at her, and to your suprise, she returned the favor. She took a few steps closer, but you stood still this time, not afraid due to that goofy lil smile on her face. "I insist you let me take it from here." You looked at her in surprise and backed away from the oven top, allowing her to cook. It was odd to see this seemingly cold and rather scary robotic girl suddenly turn into a house wife. And a good one, at that.
  You took a stool out at the long, counter top table and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. All the other fruit was rotten. You squinted your eyes and curled your lip under in disgust. Setting down your apple, you carried the bowl over to a window and dumped it outside. Murdoc wouldn't mind, the island was already literal junk after all. You made your way back to the stool and took a bite of your apple. You simply sat back and watched Noodle cook. In the distance, you heard the ding of the elevator,  and sure enough, Murdoc walked in soon after. He was smiling, but not in the way he usually does. You could tell he was sober by how he was handling himself. His hands tucked into either pocket on the sides of his robe, he looked in your direction and winked. "You look good in that shirt, (y/n). Maybe I'll go out to the city and get you a pair of pajamas so ya don't wear it out. Maybe even a shirt or two of ya own." You lifted your head up, genuinely shocked with his offer. "I mean, if you really wanted to, that'd be great. But uh, no rush, Muddz. I know how long the ride is." He shook his head and chuckled "The city I'm talkin' 'bout is nothing but a day or so away, no worries, I need to pick up some fruit n' more drinks anyways." The two of you smiled at each other. This kind of feels like a small, fucked up family. You thought, looking around the rather large kitchen. Maybe...maybe this isn't so bad.