Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Jackie's POV*

I woke up and it was exactly what Peter said it would be. I was back in the cages and in my normal clothes. I just sat there for a good half hour waiting until the other boys were up.  After awhile, I was being lowered down, and I was really hoping it would be Peter who helped me up. The cage door opened and I looked up, it was Felix. He always wore his hood and had a scar on his face. He really creeped me out but I didn't want to show him that.

I stood up in front of him.

"Good morning, girl," he said.

"My name is Jackie."

"That's nice." he said sarcastically. "Let's go to training."

Why would I need training?

Felix grabbed my wrists behind my back and walked me into the camp. His tight grip started to hurt. I looked around and saw all the lost boys eating breakfast. Pan was sitting on a rock and was playing this flute-pipe thing. When he saw me, he kinda smirked but then went back to playing his instrument. Felix shoved me down into the dirt and said, "Stay here and don't have any ideas of running away."

I nodded. A young lost boy then came over and handed me some kind of fruit. I quietly thanked him and he gave me back a small smile. But he ran off quickly when Felix walked by. I just rolled my eyes and ate the fruit. Surprisingly it was really good. I was halfway through when Peter and Felix were standing in front of the lost boys.

"Today, you boys will be training for the next six hours. You will be taking our prisoner, Jackie, with you. I want you to teach her the basics. And as always, Felix, you are in charge. Now, go."  He spun on his heel and walked into his tent.

Felix cleared his throat. "You heard him, let's go."

All the boy started walking and Felix made sure that I was in front of him at all times. After a good 45 minute hike, we got to an open field. The boys all had there weapons and set up different stations. There was archery, knife throwing, cross-bows, spear throwing, and a fighting-combat stage.

The boys spilt into groups and went off to the stations. I was in a group with all of the boys. Great, I probably look like an idiot. I sucked at all of the stations, but my best one was the combat station. I ended up pinning all of the boys in my group on the ground. Felix walked over and smirked. 

"My turn." He said very evilly. 

I was terrified on the inside, but I glared at him, accepting the challenging. I kept telling myself 'Think of him as Mike'.  We then got into our positions and he came at me. He tried to tackle me right away but I did a fancy roll to avoid him. He then brought around his left, but i caught it. I then punched him in the gut with my free hand. he stumbled back a bit and them brought his right leg around, causing me to fall on the ground. Many of the lost boys stopped what they were doing to watch us. He tried to pin me down and he pushed all of his weight onto me. He grunted, "I believe I won this time."

I smirked, "Oh really?"

I then flipped us so that I was on top. He looked a little shocked. But then he got a second burst and energy. He brought his legs up from under me and kicked me off of him. I flew back and landed with a thud. Ow. He straddled me and pinned me down. This time, I was too weak to move. He then said pretty loudly, "Now, I win."

He got up off of me and started to walk away. He said something that I didn't hear and all of the lost boys were like "Ooooooohhh!" I was upset that he made me look weak infront of everyone so I grabbed a throwing knife and threw it at him. It barely missed him and landed on a tree in front of him. Woah, I don't know what over came me like that. He stopped, turned around, and smirked. The look he gave me was terrifying. He sprinted towards me and pinned me against a tree. He held a dagger to my throat. 

He was like an inch away from my face, and he whispered, "You are a strong girl, but I will not accept what did. And for that-"

"And for that what?" Peter was standing there with his arms crossed, looking very cute, but casual.

"Nothing." He backed off of me. I fell to the ground in shock and holding my throat. That was close. Now I know not to mess with him. He walked away. Pan came over to me and helped me up. 

"Are you ok, love?" He whispered concerned.

"I'm fine" I was slightly embarassed. 

"Ok everyone, that was good training for today. Later tonight, we will have a celebration in honor of our first lost girl, ever!" He said.

All the boys cheered and grabbed their stuff. They all ran back to camp. Felix, Peter, and I stood there just watching them.

"Um Felix," Pan cleared his throat. "I am going to show Jackie around the island, since she will be here for a long time."

I looked at him with confused eyes.

"Ok Pan. I will be back at camp."

He walked away, glaring at me. He gave me the chills. 

"Ok let's get going."

"Wait, Peter, what did you mean I will be here for a long time?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. I will explain later."

I was going to ask him but the look in his eyes just told me to wait until later.

"So what are we going to do now?"

He picked me up bridal style. I felt like I weighed nothing in his strong arms.

He lifted one eyebrow (this made me melt on the inside), and said, "We are going to get you over your fear of heights.

In the matter of seconds, we were high in the air. I squealed a little and was clutching onto him around his neck. He simply laughed at me.

"Peter, put us down." 

He simply laughed and threw this dust on me.

"You're fine, just look around. And believe in yourself." 

I shook my head and buried it deeper into him.

"Just put me down."

He started laughing.

"What?" I looked up at him.

He looked down at me.

"Ok."

He let go of me and I closed my eyes. I thought I was falling. But I looked around and I wasn't moving. I was flying!

"what the hell was that?!? What if I fell?"

He flew over to me.

"I knew you wouldn't, and plus, do you think I would let you fall?" He looked at me with dead seriousness in his eyes.

"Now, I want to show you something special." He took my hand and we flew off towards this island shaped like a skull. On the way there, I was just looking up at Peter. My inside felt all gushy. He looked back at me and smiled. 

I have never felt like this ever before in my whole life.

For once, I felt special.... and wanted.