Chapter 22

Chapter 22

*Jackie's POV*

I woke up in my bed alone. Joey wasn't there, so I figured Pan put me in there.

It was pretty dark in the room because the curtains were closed. I opened them up and was blinded by the bright white light. Ow, my eyes didn't adjust right away, but then I saw where the sun was in the sky. It was around 1:00 in the afternoon. Ugh, I don't like sleeping in. It throws off my sleep pattern.

It was kind of cold today so I decided to wear jeans and one of Peter's overcoats. I put my hair into a really cute curly updo.

I walked outside my tent and I didn't see Pan. I saw Felix and run to him.

"Good morning, have you seen Peter?"

"He is getting the new lost boy."

"Oh ok."

I saw Pan's shadow fly over the tree tops and dive down. We heard a loud yelp come from a male voice. I jumped a little. I looked over at Felix, he had a nasty grin on. I then saw the shadow shoot up into the air and disappear into the sun.

"What was that?" I asked horrified.

"Probably just a stray pirate, but he is gone now."

"You mean, Peter ordered his shadow to kill him?" I asked shocked.

"Most likely." He grinned.

Woah... I didn't know he was like that. I stood there for a couple of seconds, still shocked.

"Jackie, are you ok?" He rubbed my shoulder.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine" Its just hard to think that my future husband would kill someone, but yet again, it wasn't.

I went to go grab some breakfast. Fresh berries were always yummy.

I then walked out of the tent and saw Peter leading a young boy, he looked about eleven or twelve. He had dark brown short hair,and was wearing a black coat. He kept fidgeting with his striped scarf, showing that he was nervous.

He was looking around, not saying a word. He looked at me, kind of confused. I looked away and went into my tent. I was tidying up the tent when Peter walked in. I was still a little upset about Peter killing that pirate.

"Good morning, love!" He tunred me around and tried to give me a kiss. I just gave him a quick peck on the cheek and turned back to folding the clothes.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He grabbed my arm gently.

I pulled alway.

"I heard what your shadow did, and that you ordered him to do that."

He stopped.

"I told my shadow to do that because when the new lost boy came, somehow the man arrived with him. He was threatening the island, saying that he will end all magic. I was just trying to protect everyone." He said, looking down at the floor.

I turned, I felt guilty because I assumed he just killed him to kill him.

"Can you forgive me?" he asked.

"Of course." I went on my toes and gave him a kiss on his forehead. "I want to go meet the new boy!"

I started to walk out, until he grabbed my arm, pulling me back in.

"Not so fast." he smirked.

"Ugh... why?" I raised an eyebrow, mocking him.

"No one gets to talk to him, unless I say it's ok. I want this kid to get comfortable here, and that's not going to happen if tons of strangers start talking to him. So for now, you can't talk to him."