Chapter 21

Chapter 21

*Jackie's POV*

Pan has been gone for 3 days. I know this probably sounds ridiculous because it has only been three days, but I don't care.

Well the good thing, is that I have been kept busy.

While the boys have been training, I have been making the meals. I like to cook for them, don't get me wrong, but after awhile it gets tiring to be cooking for about 20 mouths to feed.

Also, Joey has the flu so I have been taking care of him.

Everyone finished their dinners and plopped the dishes in the sink.

They all went to bed I assumed because it got quiet at the camp.

I was doing the dishes when I heard the tent door open. I saw Joey standing there, shivering, but his face was red.

I dried my hands and walked over to him, placing my hands on his forehead and cheeks.

"It feels like you have a fever."

"But I'm shivering-"

"I know honey but that's how the body works. It's a weird system. Here come with me, I will get you some medicine."

We walked in Peter's tent, well my tent now too, and I sat him on the bed. I looked through the medicine cabinet and found what I was looking for.

I gave it to him and he took it.

"Alright, you need your rest, do you want me to walk you back?"

"C-can I stay in here with you? Just for tonight?" He looked at me with sad eyes. How could I say no to the cutest five year old ever?!?

"Of course you can."

I tucked him into my side if the bed. I put a light blanket over him. I then put on some old cartoons for Joey to fall asleep to. I crouched down next to him.

"I will be finishing the dishes, then I will come right back here. If you need something, you know where I will be." I placed my hand in his cheek, rubbing it with my thumb.

He smiled at me, he was missing some teeth in front, what is pretty adorable.

I put up and turned off the oil lamp.

"Good night Joey."

I looked back at him. He turned to his side so I couldn't see him.

He yawned, "Goodnight Mommy..."

Did he just call me his mom? I don't know, maybe he is just very tired.

I eventually finished doing the dishes. It always takes forever because when I cook, I use every dish, pot, or pan available. I dried them all and put them back into their proper spots.

I walked back into the tent. Joey, his teddy bear, and his blanket was sprawled all over the bed.

Wow, I feel bad for Peter, because I occasionally do that. I pulled the chair out from the desk and set it by the bed.

I sat down and curled up into a ball, putting a fuzzy blanket over me.

It was a rather uncomfortable position, but I slept anyway.

Hopefully I would dream of Peter.

I had a dream that we were getting married. I was wearing the most beautiful dress ever. It had intricate details of beaded leaves, looking as if it was falling down the pattern of the dress.

The preacher did the whole ceremony and said, "Jackie do you take this man to be your husband?"

I was so lost in Peter's eyes that he. Had to squeeze my hand. I still did t respond.