3: Paris!

When I wake up, Hazel's asleep in Daniel's arms and he's gazing out of the window. As I reach up to run a hand through my hair, he looks at me. I point towards our sleeping daughter and then towards the seat.

He understand and nods. He goes to sit next to my seat and I settle Hazel so that she's comfortable. When I go sit next to him, he puts an arm around my shoulders and kisses my head.

"Done with your beauty sleep?" He asks.

I laugh and punch his arm.

It is moments like these that I cherish the most, when we are simply just Emma and Daniel, not mother and father. Nothing else. Just us.

I lean back into him and his grip on me tightens.

"What do you plan on doing once we get to Paris?" He asks me.

"It's going to be evening. I have to get Hazel settled into the hotel. What did you have in mind?" I ask.

"If you don't have anything in mind then I could ask this guy to meet me tonight, so that I'd be free tomorrow and all yours." He suggests.

Even though that meant he would come back late tonight, it would be totally worth it to have him with us for one whole day.

"That would be great." I reply, kissing his cheek.

He sighs. "I planned on making this a family trip but work just always has to interfere."

I sit forward in my seat and look back at him. "Hey. You're doing your best and I love your for it."

"But you guys deserve more than this." He mumbles.

I decide to play along. "Of course we do," dramatically fanning my face with my hand.

He laughs at this and pulls me in for a kiss, only to be forced to pull apart when Hazel wakes up.

"Where are we?" She asks, groggily.

I smile at how cute she looks and reply. "We're on a plane to Paris."

I go to her and she scrambles onto my lap. Soon Daniel joins us and for a while we both listen to Hazel tell us what she dreamt about. When she finishes, I realize what a perfect moment it is.

I fish out my phone and hold is away from us, calling out. "I'm taking a selfie!"

At this they both look up and I take a picture. First step of making memories, store them in pictures.

Almost at the same time the pilot announces that we are about to land. I set Hazel back on her seat and buckle on her seatbelt, before going back to my own seat.

At the airport there is a black Mercedes waiting for us. Daniel helps Hazel into the back and gets into the driver's seat while I get in next to him.

I've been to other countries but never to France. It's amazing to get to visit new places. Daniel enters the name of our hotel into the GPS and in no time we're stopping outside the entrance where a valet opens my door for me.

While Daniel hands over the car, I grab Hazel's hand and lead her inside.

"I'll check us in." Daniel says, walking up to us.

I make my way towards one of the couches scattered around the lobby when Hazel tugs on my hand, halting me. When I look down at her, she's pointing towards something. That something is a large aquarium covering an entire wall of the hotel's lobby.

I let go of her hand and she at once runs to it. At least five star hotels have things that amuse three year olds.

"Where's Hazel?" Daniel asks from behind me.

I point towards the aquarium and say. "I never knew she liked fishes."

"Me neither." He agrees. With this he has to drag her towards the elevators and I follow. Our room is the presidential suite. It has two bedrooms, a small sitting area and a kitchen. The moment Daniel opens the door, Hazel rushes in and runs from room to room, knocking over a vase in the process which luckily Daniel catches.

"Alright. Now I better go get changed." He says, heading to one of the bedrooms.

Once our luggage arrives, I help Hazel change into a pair of Cinderella pajamas and a t-shirt. While she brushes her teeth, I go lie down on her bed for a moment and close my eyes.

All of a sudden someone jumps onto me, knocking the breath out of me. I open my eyes to find my grinning daughter sprawled on top of me. I sit up, so that she's in my lap. I start tickling her so that she rolls off me and onto the bed.

I get off the bed and switch off the lights. After this I tuck her in and kiss her forehead, saying. "Goodnight."

She has her face buried in the pillow so all I hear is a muffled reply.

I change into my pajamas and pull my hair into a bun. Before going out onto the balcony I ask room service to bring me a cup of coffee.

As I lean against the railing, sipping my coffee, I pull out my phone to check notifications. Several of my friends left me messages, to which I reply. There's a WattsApp message from Daniel, which is a picture with a caption.

It's a picture of me sleeping in the plane and the caption says, "sleeping beauty." That's his nickname for me.

I smile at the phone and open the selfie we took. I sigh because things are perfect. This is everything a girl could ask for. An amazing daughter and an equally amazing and supportive husband.