53: Helicopter Ride!

It's our third day in Maui. I'm getting dressed while Hazel talks to Vanessa in the living room. I change into a grey, light material dress. I blow dry my hair which is wet from the shower and then choose to wear no make up for the day, except some lip gloss as it's a hot day.

When I walk into the living room, Daniel is ending the Skype call as Hazel shouts a last goodbye to Vanessa.

"Ready for breakfast?" I ask the two of them.

The building which houses the breakfast restaurant at the Westin is a two minute walk from the building our suite is in. We walk along the cobble stone path, under the shade of palm trees that line the walkway. Hazel runs ahead to get to the point from where she can see the ocean.

"That's the ocean?" She asks, turning back to us as we reach her.

I kneel down next to her, "That's the ocean. You remember it from our trip to Paris?"

She nods in reply. She only got to see the ocean from the plane when we were heading to Paris but she was surrounded by its water all day, yesterday and was stunned by the majestic blue waters of it. This is Hazel's own little heaven.

"Let's have breakfast. We can get a table with a view of the ocean." I tell her and take her hand before leading her towards the restaurant doors where Daniel is waiting for us.

As I promised Hazel, I request a table with the view of the ocean as opposed to one of the tennis court. We're shown to our table and handed menus. An hour later we're all full and happy with the delicious breakfast we were served.

"I'm going to the lobby to check whether the car's arrived." Daniel tells me as the waiter brings the cheque to the table.

"I'll clear this and meet you there." I say.

"Do you want to come with me?" Daniel asks Hazel as gets from his seat.

Hazel decides to accompany him while I pay the bill. A few minutes later, I'm walking towards the lobby when my phone starts to ring. I check to see that it's Daniel.

"I'm almost at the lobby." I say, answering the call.

"The car is here. We're in the front parking." Daniel tells me.

I tell him that I'll be there in a minute and end the call.By the time I get to the parking, Daniel is waiting for me next to a black Mercedes which we're renting for the day. I can see that Hazel is already buckled into the car seat that we asked for when renting the car.

"Can I drive?" I ask as I walk up to him.

"Yes!" He pumps a first through the air.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Didn't feel like driving today." He shrugs, making me laugh at the silly reason. I kiss his cheek as he opens the driver's door for me and I get in behind the steering wheel.

I buckle in my seatbelt and wait for Daniel to finish doing the same before driving out of the hotel parking.The hotel is secluded from the main populated area of Maui so for the first ten minutes of the drive there's nothing but greenery all around. After that signs of civilization start showing like roadside shops and restaurants. I take the highway around the main populated area as instructed by the GPS and head for our destination.

Another fifteen minutes later, the sign of the exit I'm supposed to take appears. I drive off the main road, onto a smaller road till the sight I'd been waiting for all day emerges from between the vegetation. The helipad is a huge clearing in the middle of the forest with several helicopters scattered around the area. I park the car and switch it off as Daniel helps Hazel out of her car seat.