54: Memories

I check my phone to see that I have an hour till Daniel is schedule to pick me up for our date. He told me we'll be going to some fancy restaurant so I've decided to dress up.

I choose a metallic pink pleated skirt that stops just below my knees and a half sleeved pink top that I tuck into the skirt.I curl my hair and do my make up before I put on a pair of skin stilettos to complete the look. I step back to give myself a once over one final time and I'm happy with how I look.

I'm putting my phone and wallet into my purse when I hear the apartment's bell ring. I answer the door to find Daniel on the other side holding a bouquet of pink roses. We may have been dating for the last four years but at moments like these I still get shy around him.

"Hi." I say with a small smile on my face.

"Hey." He smiles back at me and then adds, "I didn't realize the flowers would match your clothes."

This makes me laugh as he hands me the flowers and I walk back into the apartment. He closes the door after him, following me in.

"Ready to go?" He asks as I fill a vase with water and carefully arrange the flowers in it.

"Yes." I reply and quickly grab my purse before following him out the door.

Daniel takes my hand as the elevator stops at the ground floor of my apartment building and leads me out the front door and towards his parked black BMW.He holds open my door for me as I get in and then walks around to his side.

"Where are we going?" I ask Daniel as he pulls away from the parking area.

"It's a surprise." He replies, taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at me.

"A surprise?" I ask, curious to know more.

A 'mhmm' is all I'm able to get out of him about the date. We talk about our jobs as the drive continues. We drive for almost an hour, driving along the coastline for a good fifteen minutes till the industrial area begins and Daniel turns onto dark road. I'm about to raise my concern about it being unsafe when I realize that there's no need to.

We're driving towards a helipad.

There are bright lights flooding the area that is property of the helipad and the sleek helicopters glisten in the bright lights.

"Helicopters?" I ask, surprised.

"I've been training as a helicopter pilot." Daniel tells me and my mouth falls open.

"You-Why-Daniel! Why didn't you tell me?!" I stutter.

He laughs at my shock as he packs the car and turns to face me, "I wanted to surprise you with a helicopter ride as a date."

I can't resist the urge any longer and I learn across the center console to kiss him. He instantly kisses me back but is also the one to end the kiss.

"Ready?" He asks, kissing my cheek.I nod my head and unbuckle as Daniel gets out and walks over to my side to open the door for me. I step out of the car and take Daniel's hand as we walk over to the helicopter that has a crew swarming around it.

"Daniel Aaron?" One of them asks, breaking away from the rest and introductions are made.

"The helicopter is ready. Your instructor has highly praised your flying abilities. We hope you enjoy your experience." The man says.

"Thank you." Daniel shakes his hand and leads me over to the cockpit.

The door to one side is open and I'm instructed to get in from that side. I'm extra careful since I'm in heels. I settle into my seat and buckle my seatbelt. A moment later Daniel gets in next to me from the other side. He hands me a set of microphone and earphones, identical to ones that he's already wearing.