51: Maui

The door of our suite at the Westin opens into a living room with couches and a coffee table. Two doors lead into two bedrooms at opposite ends of the living room. Hazel runs into the first room and jumps onto the bed while I walk over to the window to find a mesmerizing view of the hotel's private beach and the ocean beyond.

"Is this my room?" Hazel asks Daniel.

"No, yours is the other one with a little surprise." Daniel tells her.

In a flash, she's off the bed and running towards the other bedroom. She pushes the door open and walks in. There is no surprise in sight so she turns to Daniel with a pout.

He laughs at her and says, "Look out the window."

I'm still in the doorway so I don't know what's down there that makes Hazel release an ear splitting scream and throw herself into Daniel's arms, clutching his neck. Curious, I look out the window and the sight makes me laugh.

"That is an impressive swimming pool." I say, turning around to look at the other two.

"Thank you, daddy." Hazel squeals, hugging him.

"You're welcome, Bunny." He smiles, kissing her cheek.

"Do you want to go down to the pool for a little while?" I ask Hazel who enthusiastically nods her head.

I help Hazel change into her swimsuit before saying goodbye to Daniel who is exhausted since he came straight to the airport from an all-nighter at the office.The minute the pool comes into sight Hazel breaks into a run, heading straight for the water.

"Shower Hazel!" I call out after her.

She takes a swift detour towards the showers and by the time I get there, she's already standing beneath the running water of a shower. I help her into the pool which is mostly empty given its almost evening and then find a deck chair near where she's swimming.I take pictures of Hazel as she swims around.

I ask one of the waiter's serving guests by the pool for a coffee and wait for it to arrive. By the time I finish my coffee it's almost 6 o'clock. I call out to Hazel that we'll be leaving in a few minutes and by the look she gives me, she'd even sleep in the pool if she could.

It takes another five minutes to persuade Hazel to get out of the water. Once she's finally out, I wrap a clean towel around her and dry her off before taking her hand and leading her back to our suite where I use my key to get us in.

The shower is running in our bathroom which tells us that Daniel's awake from his nap.

"Do you want to take a bath or a shower?" I ask Hazel as her bathroom has both.

"Bath please." She says.

I instruct her to take off her swimsuit while I fill up the tub. I help her in and then go to her suitcase to take out clothes for her to wear. I'm still in the process of doing so when Daniel walks in.

"Did you guys have fun at the pool?" He asks, sitting down on Hazel's bed.

"She didn't want to get out."

Just this makes him laugh, "I'm glad she's having a good time."

"There's water everywhere. She's in her own heaven." I smile at him and then lean down to kiss his cheek.

"I made a dinner reservation for us at the beach restaurant." He tells me.

"What time?" I ask him."In an hour and a half." He replies.

"That's plenty to get Hazel and myself ready." I nod in agreement.

"Okay." He smiles at me as he gets up, gives me a quick kiss and then leaves to change.