63: Sickness And Health

After meeting with the doctors we're in a conference room at the Aaron and Co. offices as Daniel and Jeremy discuss a meeting in Miami that is of crucial importance to a deal that they've been working on over the last few months.

"You're going to be there." Daniel says to Jeremy.

Jeremy nods, "Yes and two other directors but we need someone who they can see and know that they have met with the highest of the management of Aaron and Co."

"Me, you mean?" Daniel raises an eyebrow.

Jeremy nods just as I sit forward. "Daniel you're not travelling five hours on a plane!"

The two men halt their discussion to look at me.

"What if you need a doctor while you're in the air? There's no way you'll get medical clearance for air travel. Not in two days at least." I tell them.

"I don't have another option. Jeremy's right. A figurehead needs to be at the meeting." Daniel sighs, sitting back in his chair.

"But Jeremy's going. Isn't that enough?" I ask him.

"Emma, we deal with clients every day. But this isn't just some client, we are talking a multi-million deal." Daniel explains and Jeremy nods in agreement.

"Jeremy! You can't agree with him!" I gape at Jeremy.

Jeremy sighs and leans his elbows on the table, "I'm not saying that Daniel has to travel but it is important to have someone. Now who that will be, I don't know."

I can see both men are frustrated with themselves. Jeremy over the fact that Daniel needs to go but he cares too much for him to risk his health and Daniel with himself. An idea starts to form in my brain.

"I know someone who can go in your stead." I say, meeting their eyes.

"Who?" Daniel frowns.

"Me." I reply.

They both are quite for a moment and look at each other before smiles erupt onto their faces as they turn back to me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"That is brilliant, Emma!" Jeremy exclaims

"Really?" I frown.

"Yes!" Jeremy replies.

"This could actually work." Daniel nods, "You obviously don't need to participate in the actual dealings of the meeting though we can brief you on some key points. Everyone knows that you're my wife and hence, having my partner there is as good as my own presence."

"It's settled then. I'm going instead of Daniel." I tell them.

Jeremy leaves the conference room to start working on the details of the trip, leaving me and Daniel alone. As the door shuts Daniel comes to sit beside me.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks, taking my hand in his.

"Of course!" I reply, squeezing his hand.

He takes a deep breath, "Emma, you're in no way obligated to my work. If you feel that way let me assure you that it's not your worry. We'll work something else out."

I sit forward and shift in my chair so that I'm facing Daniel.

"Well, for one, we've promised to be by each other's side through sickness and health. And that vow definitely covers the predicament that we're in right now." This earns me a smile from Daniel so I continue, "Also, you're married to this business as much as you're married to me. So, technically I'm married to it too."

"Emma-" Daniel starts to protest again but I stop him by pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Please let me." I whisper as we pull away from each other.

He looks at me for a second before nodding, "Alright. Well, you better not mess up."

This makes me laugh, "I promise that I won't, sir."

We get up from our seats and head for the door. I start to reach for the handle but Daniel pulls me back and pushes me against the wall. I can see the emotions in his eyes and I'm sure that mine mirror them.

He gently presses me against the wall and kisses me. I don't know how long we kiss but by the time he pulls away I'm breathless. I run a hand through my hair as he straightens his coat and the kisses my cheek.

"I love you. For traveling to Miami. For being my wife. For Hazel." He kisses my forehead and I close my eyes at the touch as he wraps his arms around me.

Thank YOU all for 11K reads on Cool Mom! I love you all ❤️ (some comments maybe?)

Miami adventures begin from the next chapter! SUPER EXCITED!!

-T