95: The H. Program

Daniel takes Hazel's hand as he leads her to the waiting helicopter. I know how badly Daniel wanted to pilot but he needs to maintain some formal status with his employees so he let the opportunity pass.

The helicopter sits silently on the top of the building that homes one of Toulouse's few helipads.

Daniel helps Hazel up the steps and then holds out a hand to me. I accept the help and get into the back of the aircraft. Hazel scrambles onto the seat next to me and Daniel gets in next to her.

A man joins us in the back and two pilots get into the cockpit.

Soon the blades begin to move and we lift off. We had initially planned to head to Paris by road and then take a plane from there back home but Sebastian had to stay back with my parents so we'll take a helicopter and return to Toulouse tonight after the event and then spend the day tomorrow with them before heading home.

Hazel holds my hand as we fly over countryside and forty minutes later the suburbs of Paris come into view. I point out the lights to Hazel and she looks out at them in awe.

Soon we glide over the main city and I can see the Eiffel Tower looming in the dark.

"Remember when we visited that?" I ask Hazel over the noise of the blades and she vigorously nods her head as she takes in the rest of the sights.

Daniel touches my shoulder and points towards something for me to see. I look in the direction that he's pointing and see a skyscraper in the distance with the words 'Aaron Limited' glittering in the dark from all the spotlights shining onto it.

I feel pride as I turn to Daniel and lean over Hazel to kiss his cheek. He accomplished this in a mere span of four months. Obviously lots of prior planning has gone into it but to finalize so much in a few months is mind blowing.

There's a helipad on the top of the building that we land on. We wait for the blades to stop before the crew pulls the door open and Daniel steps out first to help Hazel and then me.

I push back a few of my hair curls that have come over my shoulder in the helicopter ride then turn to Hazel who is taking in the busy helipad sight. I keep forgetting that this is her first corporate event.

I see Daniel trying to straighten out his suit's upturned collar so I reach out and soothe it out for him. He turns around and gives me a quick kiss before starting towards the elevator on the roof. I take Hazel's hand and follow. Thankfully we're in the lift alone so I bend down and talk to Hazel.

"Having fun, Bunny?"

She just silently nods and I kiss her cheek. Next I turn to Daniel.

"This is marvelous. I'm so proud of you." I say as Daniel presses a quick kiss to my lips just as we reach the ground floor.

The elevator doors open and we're greeted by a lobby full of people who turn to look at us and when they realize who we are they begin to applaud. Daniel holds up a hand in thank you before we're met by man, probably the same age as me and Daniel.

"Welcome sir!" I easily identify from his accent that he's American.

"Jonathan, this is my wife, Emma and my daughter, Hazel. Emma, this is Jonathan he worked closely with Jeremy and me in Pasadena. Jeremy will be transferring here in a few weeks and Jonathan will take up his position back in America."

"I am honored, sir." Jonathan bows his head in respect.

"Has Jeremy arrived?" Daniel asks.

"Yes, sir. He and the other board members arrived this morning." He informs Daniel. "They're all outside."