10: Disneyland

The next morning I walk out of the bedroom to find Tess and Hazel planted in front of Daniel's laptop.

"What are you two doing?" I ask, walking around the table to them.

"Vanessa!" Hazel screams as the dog appears on the screen. "Aunt Tess is here!"

"Hey Vanessa." Tess waves as Vanessa barks.

She leaves Hazel and says. "I'm going to leave now. I have to get back to college in a couple of days, so I have to finish looking around and I still have a bit of shopping left to do."

"We leave in another two days too." I tell her.

"Call me before leaving, okay?" She says, fetching her bag from Hazel's room before waving goodbye to Hazel and leaving.

"Come on. Let's go get ready. We're going to Disneyland today!"

Hazel at once jumps from the table and rushes to her bathroom.

"Do you want to wear your Minnie Mouse overall?" I ask her. It's denim with a small Minnie printed on the chest.

"Yes!" She agrees from the bathtub.

After an hour Hazel's dressed in a white shirt and her overall, I'm wearing a blue polo with white pants and Daniel comes out wearing...

"Where did you get that?" I ask, an eyebrow raised.

"Brought it yesterday afternoon." He replies as I stare at his white polo shirt which has a small Mickey Mouse embroidered on the left side of the chest.

"We're Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse!" Hazel screams, running to him as he picks her up.

I shake my head smiling at them. "Let's go down for breakfast. The sooner we leave, the more time we'll have there."

An hour later, I'm in the ticket line while Daniel keeps Hazel from running to the gates. A few minutes later, I get our tickets and we go in. This is the first time in Disneyland for all three of us, so I'm as awestruck as Hazel is. Everything from my own childhood flashes through my mind.

"We should go meet a few characters before it starts getting crowded." Daniel says and I nod in agreement.

"Which characters are on our list?" I ask.

"Anna, Olaf, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Woody and..." Hazel opens her mouth to continue but I cut in. "Okay. Okay. I get it."

We find Mickey and Minnie first. Hazel takes a picture with them. Then Daniel has one taken with Mickey. I laugh at his childishness as I take his picture.

Next we visit Cinderella in her castle. Fortunately, she's with the Prince so we don't have to go looking for him. This time I have one taken with the Prince after Hazel's done with her share of pictures.

We wander around Disneyland, stopping characters and taking pictures. When we have quite a few, Hazel stops in front of the Storybook Land Canal. We ride the boat, then Hazel and Daniel ride the teacups. We take a few more rides before my stomach demands my attention.

"Let's go get something to eat." I suggest and the two eagerly agree.

We go to one of the restaurants. Hazel orders an Olaf shaped pizza and apple juice. Daniel and I get burgers and shakes. We eat and look at the pictures on the camera, pointing out the best ones. When we step back out, I look at my watch and say.

"We only have time to visit a few shops." Reminding Daniel that we have to meet the real estate agent at 3 o'clock. We all buy matching Winnie The Pooh shirts, we take selfies wearing Mickey Mouse ears which Hazel buys a pair of. We also get a few Disneyland themed photo frames to put pictures in once we get back home.

Another hour later with quite a lot of shopping, we leave the resort and load everything into the car.

"Mommy, I'm tired." Hazel whispers as I buckle her into her car seat.

"You can sleep." I say, kissing her forehead which feels a little warm but it must be because of all the walking.

I wanted to post a picture of me in Disneyland too but I couldn't find the time to look for one. I hope you liked the chapter :)

-T