9: Date Night

I put on my navy blue dress and then plug in the ironing rod. After fixing my hair, I move onto makeup. It takes me about an hour to get ready and then hunt down my heels from the suitcase.

I'm checking my reflection in the mirror one last time when I hear the suite's door open and seconds later Daniel walks into the bedroom.

He comes to a stop when he sees me, his mouth slightly open.

"Wow. You look beautiful." He blinks.

"Thanks." I say, blushing and looking down at my shoes.

He walks over and wraps his arms around my waist. I loop my arms around his neck as he presses his lips to mine. The kiss take my breath away. He pulls away leaving me gasping for air.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah." I smile at him.

I go to Hazel's room to find her asleep on the floor with her teddy bear in her arms. Daniel softly pries it from her arms and puts it on the bed before lifting her onto it too.

"When will Tess get here?" He asks, tucking her in.

"She..." I start to speak just as the doorbell rings.

I answer the door and let Tess in. She volunteers to take the couch in Hazel's room, after making sure she knows everything she needs to know, we leave.

Daniel drives through Paris and stops outside a small restaurant. He holds open my door for me as I step out. There's just a small reception inside where a waiter asks for our reservation name and then leads us out through the back door. The view outside makes my heart melt. There are a few tables set up along the River Seine, some of which are occupied by other couples.

We are seated amongst them and the waiter gives us menus before leaving.

"How did you find out about this?" I ask.

"Google." Daniel replies, making me laugh. "Do you like it?"

"I love it. Thank you." I smile at him.

"Anything for my queen." He says, taking my hand in his.

My heart is thumping against my chest, identification of my emotions. I want to lean across the table and kiss him but I keep a check on my emotions, forcing myself to stay in my seat. Opening the menu, I scan the list looking for what I want to eat.

After a minute Daniel calls a waiter. I order beef steak with sides of French fries and baked potatoes while Daniel gets Fried Calamari with Marinara Sauce.

"Hazel and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow. Will you be free?" I ask him.

"Sure but I'll have to leave after lunch. Actually I need you to come with me because a real estate agent is going to show me a few locations where we can establish our offices here. I need your opinion."

"Of course but what about Hazel?" I ask.

"Bring her along." He shrugs.

"Okay." I nod. The next day in Paris. All planed out.

The waiter arrives with our food and asks for our drinks. Daniel has to drive so we both decide on Diet Cokes.

I start eating just as Daniel's phone starts to ring.

"Yes. I'll be there at 3 o'clock sharp. Thank you." He sets the phone on the table and picks up his fork.

We talk, laugh and eat, sharing the food. Other couples come and go but we just sit there savoring the night and the presence of each other.

Two hours later we leave, warm, full and smiling. I start towards the car but Daniel tugs on my arm.

"Let's walk for a while." He says, taking my hand.

I slips my arms into my coat which is draped over my shoulders. We walk for a few minutes before Daniel moves like a cat and has me pinned against an iron fence. My back stuck between two rods. My heart begins to race as he kisses the tip of my nose. The look in his eyes transports me back to a place, five years ago.

I zip up my laptop bag and sling the backpack over my shoulders before stepping out into the December night. The cold presses down on me and I pull my jacket tighter around me. I'm halfway across campus when a too familiar voice calls out my name.

I look over my shoulder to find my boyfriend, Daniel behind me.

"Shouldn't you be asleep by now?" I ask as he walks over to me.

"Couldn't sleep. You?" He asks.

"Assignment due tomorrow." I reply.

We walk together for a few minutes before Daniel moves like a cat and has me pinned against the wall of my dorm building. My heart begins to race as he kisses the tip of my nose.

"Emma." Daniel's voice pulls me back to reality. "What do I owe the sudden smile to?"

"Just remembered college." I reply, smiling at him before pushing away from the fence and pulling his face to mine.

"I love you so much." I say, pulling slightly away from the kiss.

"You read my mind." He smiles against my lips.

Thank you for the 100+ reads! :)

-T