Chapter Seven - I Know Now.

Chapter Seven
------------
I Know Now.
____________

At first, everything was cluttered. My mind fighting over which path to even take, without knowing either outcome.

And recklessly, I took the one I always believed in. Wether it was right or wrong, wouldn't be known.

It wouldn't be known until it finally was shown.

After a few minutes of watching Scarlett sleep, making sure she was okay.

Edgar slowly lifted his head every now and then to see where I was, and every time I was sitting by her bed.

The chair was quite comfortable, red and almost like a lounge chair. But sadly, not Mr. Chair.

I laugh to myself, I missed those days. The days when I played games for my bros, that will all start up again.

After all of this is patched up, I will start PewDiePie up again.

The hours past, I stayed awake however. Watching over Scarlett, she murmured every now and then.

Whilst being quite restless, I could tell she hadn't gained much sleep the past days. Maybe weeks?

The room slightly lit up as her phone went off, a voice played for a tone.

"How's it goin' bros? My name's PeewDieeePieeee!" It called, I smile tugged at my face as I went to check it.

Scarlett had not awoken from the sound, I was thankful.

For all I knew, she needed the sleep. I had wished to wake her so many times at the sound of a creak in the house.

Every creak was a warning that someone was here, and every time I thought it was that dumbass Dave.

Yet, it was only her mother walking around. I bet she was as conscious as myself.

As I lifted up the phone carefully, I click the home button.

Unknown Number.

'I know where you are, every hour of the day. If you think that Swede's gonna save you, you better think again. Because I will find a way.'

I growl and almost throw the phone across the room, but I remembered it wasn't my own.

I delete the message. I didn't need Scarlett worrying now. Never. I felt the anger rise as I placed the phone back.

Almost the same as it was, it was believable though. Red clouded my mind and I felt my hands clenching tightly.

Fists were slowly made, Dave will not get his hands on her. NEVER! As long as I'm here he won't get an inch near her.

I'll always be between him and her, one step ahead. Never a step behind.

The protectiveness soon took its advantage in making me check Scarlett every three seconds.

As she woke with a start, I was instantly by her side. Holding her in a hug.

"It was horrible." she whispered to me, I nod and rub circles on her back softly.

"Nothing will ever hurt you while I'm here. I promise." I whisper back, my soothing voice echoing.

I know now. My protectiveness for Scarlett, the way I act around her. I know now what it all means.

She wasn't just my best friend, I had more feelings for her. More than like. More like love.