Chapter Eighteen - Broken Promises.

Chapter Eighteen

-------------

Broken Promises.

________________

Marzia's pale face broke into a smug, her smile growing large. Reece released his grip from her side and stood up straight, Felix and Reece stood a Mexican stand off. Each ready to take the first shot. Marzia's voice rose upon the silence.

"Are we not allowed to come and see Edgar?" She asked with a smirk, Felix shook his head. Crossing his arms and gently tapping his foot.

"That is not your reason, there's more to it," Felix says with a stern voice, I knew exactly what he was feeling and although it was impossible, I felt like I could read his mind with his facial expressions, "I know you Marzia, you know it." Reece and Felix both dropped their defensive stances when I stood between them to look at Marzia. Is there something I'm missing here?

"Marzia, why don't I take Reece into the kitchen, let you guys sort this out?" I say without an answer as I walked into the kitchen, Reece's footsteps from behind, "what the hell is happening?" I exclaim in a hushed voice.

Reece's large smirk takes my attention as his eyes travel down my body and back up to my eyes, why was he looking at me like this when he's dating Marzia? Are they really dating? I shake my head and slap his arm.

"Ow, what the... never-mind," he said obviously realizing what he was doing, he took my hand away from his shoulder as I went to slap it again, I was ready to explode, "look what I need you for... I-I mean why we're here.." My eyes widened.

"WHAT?" I snap in a whispered voice, my eyes wide but my eyebrows narrowing. I clench my teeth together, my cracking my knuckles, I habit I have kept since my childhood. Reece looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Still keeping that up, hey." He said with a somewhat grin that plastered itself across his face, he was a man I use to love, I could never love him again, yet trust him in that matter.

"Get on with it. Why are you here?" I snarl, crossing my arms and tapping my foot impatiently. Reece leaned up against a cupboard, looking at me with a soft sympathetic face. That's something I hadn't seen in a really long time. The last time I did it never turned out good, no matter which way I went, "Reece.." I whine slightly, afraid of what he was going to say.

He just looked at me, his mouth not opening not even for a breath. He crossed his arms and sighed heavily. What was he thinking? What was he so scared about? I had never seen him like this, never. He was exactly like Felix, showing sadness is to show weakness, "Reece." I say again a bit louder than last time.

He looked back up to meet my eyes, his head tilted slightly. He nodded.

"Right, uh.. well. Do you remember that I made you ages ago?" He asked, gently biting his lip as his face showed nervousness. Is he expecting me to remember two years ago? I shove my jumper sleeves down further, my arms feeling bare even though they weren't. I just didn't want those slices to be shown.

"I, uh.. might," I say thinking and holding the back of my neck with my hand, I look up to the roof, thinking, "wait," I say, my expression changing as I remember the day as if it were yesterday.

*-*-*-*

Our hands were intertwined as we walked down the path from the warehouse, blood was trailing down Reece's face and head as bruises covered mine. We hadn't spoken a word ever since we got out of the gang's warehouse, Reece and I had visited only to be given an offer.

~~~~

"Reece, give us Scarlett and we'll forget all that you owe us." the leader spoke loudly to Reece and a group of gang members behind us. Reece's eyes narrowed as he shook his head, his fists clenching.

"Never! Never will I give you Scarlett, I know exactly what you'll do with her, you filthy bastard!" He snarled wildly, I whimpered as two men pushed me to the ground, gasps from the two girls beside the leader arose giving Reece's attention to the men that held me down.

I scream as one's foot slammed into my side, the pain rising as the pain tolerance weakened in me. Reece snapped his head around as his fist came in contact with the man's jaw, a cracking sound flooded the warehouse when the man dropped to the ground beside me. Reece was grabbed by another man, his arms pulled behind his back.

"Last chance Reece!" the leader roared, the girls beside him hiding in each other's shoulders. Reece wildly shook his head again, not giving up. Trying to release the grip from the stronger, older man. The leader laughed maniacally. I felt another two sharp pains, one to my back and the other to my face. Punches, both of them. My tolerance was now down, and every little sting hurt like hell.

"I-I'LL PAY YOU EVERYTHING! Just please... leave her out of this," he whined, he was released as the leader nodded. He rushed to my side, lifting me up into his arms. I whimpered, as tears dropped down my cheeks. He only whispered to me, "Scarlett, I promise you. I will keep you out of this forever. No matter what."

*-*-*-*

I now remembered everything that happened, all of it. Every single little detail, the faces on the girls, the looks of the men around us. Reece's desperation. "I remember." I snarl, my eyes narrowing and my teeth clenching. Reece rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, I-I need to break that promise. We need you do to something for us."

__________________________________

Hello Wonders! What do you think of this chapter? I had a little inspiration and thought on this chapter, and I've had it in my mind for a while now. So I thought, why not bring it in now. I've been thinking of this story/fanfiction, and I was wondering on how many chapters to put on it. Now I'm thinking around the twenty, twenty-five mark. But that my differ or change at any time. SO, back onto the chapter, what do you think will happen next? What do you think Scarlett has to do for Reece and Marzia? Leave your ideas in the comments below! Anyway, if you enjoyed slap that vote button with ya forehead, comment and follow, I'll see you Wonders later!

Take Care,

GoldenHaxorNova.