Chapter Ten - Guardian.

Chapter Ten
-----------
Guardian.
__________

The words Felix said to me, he wants me to stay, he's here to help me.

Help me survive through the life I call hell. Help me survive the wrath of the enemy I call Dave.

To me, everything kinda seemed like a video game. Life, death and enemies.

But then again, there's always a somewhat ally through all this horrors of a video game.

Wether it is an object or another player, someone was there to guide you through it all.

That ally for my video game life was not an object, yet another player.

Felix was there by my side, in the video game called life.

He was my guardian, like Mario and Princess Peach.

He was always here to come after me and save me from the enemies.

As cheesy as it sounds, it was true.

I really wouldn't know where I was without him, Felix was my hero.

He always has been, and he probably always will be. No.

He always will be.

My cheeks turn a bright tomato red, Felix smiling slightly.

"Felix..." I trail off, he wasn't the same, he was changed, almost.

Healed.

"Scarlett, you've done your job, trust me. You've healed me, my job now, is to do the same for you." he says, sliding his hand softly off my cheek.

The thudding of Dave's heavy footsteps made me cringe, every step I would flinch.

I was scared of the man, and now that he defiantly knows, it only makes we weaker to him.

Making me a target for all of his angered ways.

I really don't know how my mother and I have survived, Dave was a cruel man, and of cause he knew it.

I take my eyes to my feet, making Felix a bit more worried than he was.

I really had to think about this, all of this.

Felix cared, he wanted to protect me from anything.

Dave obviously didn't like that, and wanted to pull me away from Felix.

My best friend was in love with me, that's hard to process.

Dave will do anything to make my life worse, let alone end it.

Felix was my guardian, as I called him now.

His touch made me feel safe, however I knew I could never really be safe here. I sigh and look towards the window, everything felt so right at the moment.

But Dave would ruin this all, eventually. "Scar?" Felix murmured, I slightly heard his wincing from the pain.

My eyes started to water as he met face to face with me, my hair in front of my eyes however.

My heart ached and brought pain to every thought, but I really did know I had to do this.

I do not want Felix hurt anymore than he is.

"Felix, I. I can't be with you."