Chapter Fourteen - Midnight Runaways.

Chapter Thirteen

-------------

Midnight Runaways.

_________________

"Call me crazy, but why don't we runaway?" Felix's words echo throughout the room, my mind fighting over whether leaving was smart or not.

"Felix, we can't just. Runaway, we'll never be able to." I say admitting that there was no easy possible way for me to leave.

I wanted to leave with Felix so bad, yet. The thought of having Dave follow us just got worse.

"Scarlett. We can do it, we've done it before." he smiles cheekily, I do remember that, when we were younger we use to run out of the house.

Go a few blocks and then realise we really couldn't do it, so we ran back home.

"I-I don't know." I stutter, looking at him softly with a sympathetic smile.

"We can do it this time," he says standing and taking his hands in mine, "I know we can." He whispers, I look up our blue eyes connecting.

I finally pull our gaze away and look at the floor, thinking it over.

"It won't be easy, but possible," I say smiling up at him, his grin grows wider. Looking to the window he nods to a bag, "I'll grab some things." I say.

Felix smiles and opens the window, holding Edgar by his chest his leash dangling down.

I fly across the room, gathering a few clothes, and a blanket.

The clothes were mainly just a sweater or two, I had always bought about two or three sizes bigger than I was.

I always liked sweaters big, Felix could fit in one if he needed it. I stuff them in the bag before looking under my bed.

There was my stash of food, even though I hadn't been eating it the past week, it was still good and unopened.

I grab the whole little bag and place it between the blanket and my clothes, we would need all I could get.

With the food and the little clothing I had, I had decided it was enough. Edgar could fit in my bag if he really needed to.

I took Edgar off Felix, placing him in my bag where he lifted his paws over the sides. Felix smiled.

"Do you.. really want to do this?" He whispered, I look behind me as I say on the window sill.

The dark coloured room would always have the happy memories of most of my life, yet it would also have the bad ones too.

The lamp lightly illuminated the enclosed area, leaving half of the room a shadowed black.

Although I would miss it, I wouldn't miss it as much as I thought.

"Yes," I say looking back to Felix, "I-I'm sure."

He nods and helps me down onto the tree, off the branch and out of the yard. Luckily, without Dave noticing.

We raced out of the yard and into the streets, the darkly lit streets. The wind lightly flowing towards us.

"Scarlett," Felix whispers, looking around nervously, "did you hear that?"

__________________

Hello! Sorry for not updating sooner, but hopefully you guys enjoy this chapter! Remember, feedback and ideas are totally open in the comments section!

As always in the somewhat words of BajanCanadian,

If you enjoyed be sure to smack that vote button with ya forehead, I'll see you Wonder's later!

Take care.

GoldenHaxorNova.