THE BUSINESS

#EDITED

#EDITED

Business is the combination of war and sport._ Andre Maurois.

A/N: //Rachel' s house

--------------------------------------------

RACHEL RICHARD MOORE

Immediately I switched on the light, to find nothing. What's wrong with me? Looks like I am watching more thrillers these days. It must be a figment of my imagination. I placed the bottle aside and adjusted the temperature of my comforter.

As, I closed my eyes in exhaustion, I felt some one's presence in my room again and checked here and there and I saw something moved near my window just like some one's shadow. I jumped out of my bed and went near my window only to find nothing.

Silly me!

'It's all your imagination Rachel, nothing is here'. I told to myself and went back to sleep, slowly I felt my eyelids heavy.

.

.

Soon days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month, and I slowly began to adjust to this new environment, college seemed to be boring but still I have made new friends and they are very cool. Slowly I began to fall in love with the city and I am really excited about the new adventures I am going to do.

Well I forgot to mention; my dream is to become a detective just like Sherlock Holmes and one day I will definitely become one. Even though the world is changing at a rapid pace, women established themselves in various fields still without thinking twice, I would say it is still men dominant world.

I am here to kick male chauvinists out. Specially that one who hit me with his Lamborghini.

Hey! Don't think I am crazy, I believe in equality and if anyone tries to show me thresholds, I am ready to break the barriers. I may not be your good girl type but you guys have to know one thing, I may be bad but I am perfectly good at it and no one in this world can't make me do things which I don't want to do.

You guys might be wondering why I am having these extremists' thoughts in the morning, well when you have burnt toast for your breakfast which you make for yourself for very first time, it is very depressing. That is the reason I am motivating myself. I may not be good cook, but I will become good detective.

I miss my mom so much! She is the best cook in the world. Back in London, the housekeeping staff used to cook for us, looks like I am missing them too.

My mom and brother moved back to London to live with my father as Harley could not adjust, leaving me alone in LA as I insisted to stay here. They could not deny me as my happiness was their first priority.

My friends gave me a good tour of LA, and soon we are going to plan other for this weekend. Stacey and Jen stayed back with me to give me some company and left early in the morning.

After they left, I upgraded my home with new technology. I had robots working for me technically one robot, which was imported from japan and I assembled it and upgraded its processor with the extensive knowledge I have in computer simulations. I named my robot as Irina Irons and now she is my cook and caretaker and I am glad that she is at least not haunting me like my mother.

I made my home very sophisticated with all kinds of gadgets and I incorporated a new lab in my house which is technically not visible through glasses as it is at a place where all the light rays get diffracted making it look like ordinary glass with mirror image of kitchen but it is not and I even installed few cameras in various places so that I could have a check on everything through my monitors in lab. It took 6 days to install everything and Irina was working 24/7. Thanks to my spring vacation I could probably complete my installation.

xxxxxxxxx

AFTER FEW DAYS:.......

"Okay Dad, I will make sure of it after all business is business"I replied and hung my phone.

"Irina, cancel my lunch"I said, as I need to head for a meeting with LR corp to represent my dad and as well as 'Richard group of enterprises'. Soon I dressed myself in black turtleneck top and black skirt with an ash coloured suit and not to forget my black linen sandals.I took my appearance a little formal as I was heading to the real business meeting with one of the richest enterprises of America and top being the Wades.

Refreshing from my thoughts I headed towards my parking lot only to find my SUV sparkling, all thanks to Irina. I drove my SUV towards city central to find the head office of LR corp.

There I was greeted by a lady "Greetings miss Moore "

"Meeting is on 7 th floor mam" she replied.

Following her instructions, I reached the hall and surprised to hear the conversation of different board of directors from different enterprises each representing their own ones.

One of them were demanding a bald head man "Why Mr. Luthor?......., for whom are we waiting for? let us start the meeting" he said. The remaining were silent. Before that bald head man answer his question, I cut him through and said with my confident smirk " The one and only Richards" with arrogance in my eyes. That's what I have learnt from my father never be frail or soft in business because you either get screwed up or others will screw you up.

"Ah there she is" the bald head man said, "Ladies and Gentlemen meet the business head of Richard group Miss Rachel Richard Moore".

"By the way my name is John Wesley Martin Luther or simply Luther "he said by offering a shake hand.

"Please take your seat miss Rachel" he said by drawing a chair beside him. "Thank you" I said.

To my left was Mr .Luther and to my right was some gentle man around 27 or 28 years old with onyx black eyes and a chisel jaw, dressed in formal grey and black business suit, he seemed very familiar to me as I was thinking about him, my memory hit me like a striking thunder as he was the same arrogant man who hit me with his Lamborghini.

I clenched my jaw and tightened the grip on the pen I am holding and both my wrists curled up into balls, as if to hit him directly on his face. Controlling my anger, I presented myself very cool only to disturbed by Mr Luther.

"Miss Rachel, on your right is..."before Luther could say a word that arrogant man who hit me that day replied by moving his hand forward.

"My name is Bruce, Bruce Thompson Wade" he said with a smile.

Bruce?!

I did not even reply to him as he was the one who made my first day of college a disaster and because of him I lost my favourite Ducati.

Wade my foot.

You might be the richest man in the country Wade but I don't care.

You showed your moves to me, I will now show you how the game is played. You just messed up with a wrong player.

'Just wait and watch' I smirked myself.

TO BE CONTINUED...................

A/N: Press the 🌟below if you like. Follow me for further updates😉so that you get notified :)

-Tom