THE CHASE:2

#  Edited#

RACHEL RICHARD MOORE

"They are coming, run" I shouted.

"I know a shortcut, this way Rachel "Stacy said.

I followed her through the gloomy melancholy streets. We heard some noises which indicated that they are following our way. In fright, I and Stacey parted unknowingly as we were having no idea where we were running. Soon, I was lost in those melancholy streets, I stopped running, gasping for breath. Then realisation hit me that I was alone in those dark streets. I looked here and there panting, something was striking me.

Something was very familiar about this place, it is as if I have been to this place before, but when?

This darkness, this street, this serenity, this desert coldness was exactly reminding me the nightmare which I got few weeks ago. I was not sure what was happening around me. Though I am afraid, something in me was saying that I have to fight this no matter what.

Suddenly my thoughts were jolted by another shot of gun and started running through streets only to blocked by a high fence

'crap! dead end'.

My dream ended up like a disaster but this won't, I will fight this and I can fight this, I was building up my own courage.

My heart was pounding very fast and my fright even increased because the footsteps were becoming louder, that means they are coming this way and in no time, they were here in front of me. They were a 7 people with heavily built bodies and tattoos almost everywhere. They were armed, few with guns, few with hockey sticks and few with sharp weapons like knifes or blades. With their appearance it is appealing that they are some local goons or smugglers who were doing their nocturnal activities, accidentally caught by me.

They were ready to attack me. I ran very fast towards the fence.

"No choice chick, surrender" I heard one of them talking.

They followed me to dead end and to their surprise I climbed the fence and jumped in air and back kicked them, it was completely involuntary self-defence. I knocked one of them out unconscious and the weapon hit to the ground. The other men tried to stab me but I dodged it only to hurt my shoulder. It was a bit deep, suddenly sharp pain increased in my shoulder indicating that my shoulder is bleeding heavily now and I need to hurry up.

I was struggling hard to duck the blows they were trying to give and I started pummelling them with back to back blows with my fists. Seriously these guys are experts in martial arts but it is more surprising that my blows were more accurate than them, how is this possible? suddenly one of the man caught my neck and I was struggling hard to breathe not knowing what to do, I kicked him in his gut and got free from his grip by falling to ground, I was very exhausted and my shoulder is bleeding heavily, I need to wrap this up.

I was crawling backwards only to find those men approaching me, suddenly my hand grabbed something cold, something like a metal bottle. I turned side wards to see what it is, only to find it was ammonia.

'perfect' I thought.

"The game is over little bird", I heard one of them saying.

" Not so fast " I said and got up on my legs gasping for air.

They were approaching me and all of sudden I sprayed ammonia on their faces and gave them death seeking blows and kicks and knocked them down to ground. I am sure that each one would definitely have a broken bone because none was waking up. This was perfect timing to escape.

I ran through those streets without even looking back and reached the main road, I could feel my heart pounding against my chest, my shoulder was aching but I ignored the pain as escape was my first priority. I need to find Stacy now, and make sure that she is alright.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MELANCHOLY STREETS NIGHT 1:00AM

NARRATOR'S POV:

A strange dark masked man appeared in the streets only to find those 7 men knocked down to ground, groaning with pain with traces of ammonia on their face. He examined the goons and walked towards the fence. All of a sudden, his gaze fell on a locket and broken chain covered with traces of blood, on that damp cold ground. He retrieved the locket and the broken chain, took it in his gloved hand, stared at it for a very long time, tightened his grip on that chain and disappeared into the shadows of darkness.

TO BE CONTINUED

TO BE CONTINUED......

********************************************************************************************

Caution: Next chapter Exhaustion is  Privatized if you want to read the story with out interruption follow me.

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR BACKGROUND MUSIC:) 

Vote 🌟 comment and Share✔

xoxo

-TOM❤