CH:6-THE ACCIDENTAL GUARDIAN:1

"To me he is like a guardian angel, it's  every time when I need help, he is always there around me unnoticed."

                          - Rachel about Bruce

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I struggled hard to free myself from his grip. Before I could analyze what was happening around, he pulled me inside a huge drop curtain which covered the crates in the ship. It was pitch dark, I felt I was blinded for a minute but later realized the proximity with this stranger.

"Ssh.." he hissed covering my mouth with his hand.

 I was wondering who this man might be?

Should I take him as my ally?

 We heard some footsteps approaching us. 

"Don't move" the man beside me hissed and tightened his grip on me as my head landed on his clavicle.

Now footsteps got more louder, which indicates that one of the men in black is approaching us. 

"What happened Sniper?" one of the men in black asked. 

"I smelled a rat" Sniper replied. 

That means this man called Sniper noticed my presence or at least suspecting someone's presence. 

"It's all clear boss, we are good." maybe the person whom I followed to  this dockyard replied. 

Why these people always speak in code language?.

 For a moment there was only silence, my thoughts completely shut as I could hear only the heartbeat of the man beside me. Never before I felt this peace and tranquility. I found my anxiety gradually subsiding. 

I was no longer anxious.

We both waited till they finished checking the crates and now we could hear loud footsteps of a man approaching us.

I was not afraid of anything not even death, but I don't know why I have an obnoxious feeling towards the man who was approaching, it was a mixed emotion of anger and grief. I was not having control over my emotions. Abruptly he stopped, I could not hear any footsteps. I found my heart racing again as I clutched the hand of the complete stranger beside me. I could have knocked them out with my stun gun boomerang but thanks to the man beside me, now we were both in danger.

 All of the sudden my anxiety vanished as that sniper moved away from us. 

"Sniper, we need leave now" I heard a female voice. 

Soon, I heard a chopper taking off and now they were escaping.

Damn it! 

 I couldn't let them go away, they were planning something. They are criminals and I was about to stop them but instead I was stopped by this man who is holding me right now. I gave him a sudden blow to get free from his grip but instead  I was surprised to find him blocking it. In frustration I removed the cloth above us and started to punch him on his face but stopped at the right moment to find that he was none other than that arrogant Bruce Wade.

"What the hell are you doing here Wade, I mean Mr. Wade?" I asked sharply withdrawing my hand. 

If my cards aren't blocked by you I would have really punched on your face fulfilling my grudge.

 "Why should I answer you?" he sharply said.

 "Because of you I lost the track of them" I said.

 "If I wasn't there in the first place the world would have lost the track of you" he coolly replied.

 "Why do you bother?" I asked. 

"Because you need to sign my million dollar deal and don't you dare to die before that" he said anger flaming in his words.

Oh boy! he is my born enemy and there is no doubt in that.

 "By the way I did not save your life, I don't even bother. Sign the deal and die where ever you want. I don't care" he arrogantly replied.

Advertise this arrogance of yours as much as you want. Its your time now, but don't forget I will get mine too!

"And I don't think Mrs. Moore would be happy to hear your nocturnal activities here" he continued.

 You are indeed an intelligent person, you know I wouldn't question you further this way but remember one thing, once you unblock my cards , I will show you, what exactly Rachel is capable of? and I will make sure you enjoy every moment of it.

Mark my words!

"How did you know I was here?" I sharply asked breaking out of my reverie.

 "You claim yourself as a genius detective don't you? find it yourself or enjoy the disappointment" he said and exited the anchored ship.

That nerve of him!

I followed him out the dockyard and noticed that my jeans and T-shirt is all in dirt. The view of sunset made me realize that it was evening and I Lost the track of time. Soon we found Albert waiting in the car for us outside which was a bit far from the dockyard. It was the place where I parked my bike to follow these suspicious men in black. 

"My, My see yourself Miss Rachel, what happened to you?" Albert questioned with concern.

 " I think I was fine Albert until some arrogant person came to my rescue, interrupting my work" I said growling at Wade.

"Well Albert, need to leave. I have some important work to do" I said and reached my pockets to find my phone missing.

 "Here " Wade said handing my phone. 

"It was in your bike pouch when we arrived here. Albert was very concerned about you." he politely said.

 "How did you know that I was.." before I could question him I got an incoming call from Stacy.

 "Hello! Stace" I said. 

"Rachel! Rachel! are you there? why were you not picking up our calls?" she screamed out of her breath.

 "I had been little busy, sorry for not lifting your calls, you guys might be freaking out" I said.

 " It's ok. Don't forget to submit your application tomorrow" she said.

Which Application?

"Oh! no, my application" I said running my hand on my forehead. With that I hurriedly started my bike and made my way towards my house leaving both Albert and Wade behind. 

How can I forget something very important?

TO BE CONTINUED..........

*******************************************************************************************

Dear readers, I thank every one of you for your huge acceptance. Thank you so much for being in this journey. I hope this journey continues this way. 

Don't forget your shiny vote. Feel free to comment. 

With regards,

Tom.