THE SUSPECTS

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world  he didn't exist."_Roger'verbal'Kint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RACHEL RICHARD MOORE POV:

How can I go there with my hair tied up?

I don't want to get noticed at the crime scene and felt a disguise would be appropriate.

I slipped into the cap's section and tied my hair in to a bun, removed my glasses and thickened my eye brows a bit, making sure I am not under surveillance, and not to forget the last touch covered my head with a cap and zipped my leather jacket. Thanks to my 5 feet 11 inches height, no one would easily make out that I am a girl.

I just look like 20 year old Guy, not very handsome but convincing. I could do much better but have no time. I love being a girl but I feel sometimes guys do have an added advantage in certain things. Back in London, I didn't have as much as freedom as my brother did, All thanks to my biking accident, I was under constant surveillance under guards and that is what I call perks of having protective parents!  

I guess it was one of the reason I moved to US. I missed my freedom, I missed being me and I missed being alive. Its not that I am a rule breaker but too much of rules would make me claustrophobic. I don't like people controlling my life, neither I like to control others', its just I had like to live on my own terms, in "my way".

I want to become a detective like Holmes and mark my words I will surely become one.

I snapped out of reverie and muttered apologies to God as I made my way towards the men's restroom. I have no intention of sneaking in but when situation demands you will have no choice, I had to find the killer before the dawn.

I sneaked inside the washroom and I made sure that no one saw me entering and locked myself in one the rooms. 

Soon I heard some unclear voice and leaned my ear towards the wall to hear the voice as clearly as I could.

I heard some blunt voice with weird accent saying

"The wings of the bird are cut and it's time to pack up." I was jolted hearing those words.

Could this be...could this be about that woman?

 I read in books that many culprits use 'CODE LANGUAGE', so it might be relevant.

Without having a control over my curiosity, I climbed the partition with most of the body covered till shoulder making only my face and neck visible. He was an old man dressed in kimono. He looks like a Japanese. 

Not knowing what I have done, I shouted in disgust and embarrassment and closed my eyes, which shifted the old man's gaze towards me. He shouted in utter annoyance at me.

I barged out to run but at the same time I wanted to apologize for my stupid deed.

"Gomenasai" I replied to him in Japanese which means 'I am very sorry' I could manage a little Japanese.

I don't actually remember where I learned the word, but it was quick.

He was enraged and said "You are a bad boy, akuu gaki" he said.

I am glad that he didn't recognize that I am a girl. I was feeling very shy for my deeds and apologized by giving a false explanation that I am afraid of ghosts and thought he was one and that was the reason I sneaked in. I think my explanation seemed appealing. Then I asked him about the bird he was talking about?

He told me that he is a butcher and was going to deliver a rare bird meat to his friend and he seems telling truth because it makes sense with the conversation I heard before. I am against animal violence but right now my focus is on the culprit. Hence I let go this man for this time as he has no relation with the case. Time is running out and I have to find the killer as soon as possible. I exited the washroom and went to check on security cameras but stopped to find some policemen inside. 

I heard them reporting that the camera feed was taken down by a virus. 

Even this is not going to work.

I made my way towards the other stores on the same floor as I was very confident that I would find him here. I was purely being guided by my instincts and I was following my gut.

 As I was approaching the crime scene, I heard a mysterious man saying

'Now that ginger turned crimson its time for the Grey '. My eyes widened hearing the sentence and the voice caused me Goosebumps.

There is an unsettling feeling in my stomach as I felt my rising anxiety.

What does it mean? it's just like code language like they show in movies.

Ginger? I suppose it's a root, what does he mean about it turning crimson?

What could it be? 

This color chronology is confusing.

Is he the culprit? or maybe not, just like the old man. 

I should figure this out.

I hid myself behind the wall and barged suddenly into him, resulting in the fall of his brief case. I made sure it looked just like an accident and looked at him picking up his things. He was a man of  6 feet 3 inches height, dressed in black from top to bottom with a black overcoat with blonde hair brushing his shoulders and a hood which gave him a stoic appearance, I shifted my gaze up to his face to find the death glare in his stone eyes. 

He is creepy! 

I don't know why? but I have an obnoxious feeling about him, something like hatred. I don't know whether he is the killer I am searching for but he is really very suspicious.

He picked up my phone and I gulped hard as he fell for my trap.

 My phone is very sophisticated that it scans the fingerprints of everyone who touched it. 

"I am really very sorry" I said trembling from inside. 

There was no reply from him.

"I really did not mean to hit you, it was an accident, I lost my way in chaos as they declared emergency in the mall" I continued in a very rough tone as I am in a disguise of a guy.

 He took a step towards me and I took a awkward step back in fear.

 Its spine-chilling.

 He nodded his head as if he apologized me and his stone eyes directly looked into my eyes should I say in my soul in the most creepiest way as if no one escapes alive from him.

TO BE CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE. COMMENT & SHARE.

Follow me if you want to be part of this journey. 

WITH REGARDS,

TOM.

Perceptiveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें