THE DOCKYARD MYSTERY:1

Sometimes I keep my feelings to myself because it's hard for someone to understand._Hq Swagger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a smirk on Wade's face.

"Its the revenge for questioning you in the board meeting?!" I furiously replied.

"Not bad Sherlock Holmes, call it whatever you want" he said.

"So, it was you who provoked my dad?" I said.

"I am not responsible for your thoughts" he coolly stated.

" You know what, the problem with you is, you are a stubborn headstrong girl who is always living in the fantasy of being a nosy detective, dwelling with people's affairs but in fact least bothered to know, what is going on in your own life. " he continued.

How dare you, Wade? I was gritting my teeth.

You have crossed all your limits now I will show you what my real headstrong behavior is? 

Before I could counter him, my attention diverted to my annoyingly ringing phone.

It was dad!

"Hello! dad. How are you? " I asked.

"Hello, Rachel" my dad greeted.

"Is everything fine?" I asked.

" Was fine" he replied. 

"What?" I said.

"You canceled a 20 million-dollar project just because it didn't satisfy your logistics. I am very disappointed with you, my girl" he said.

"Dad, please listen to me. There is a reason why ..." I was cut by my dad "Not now." he said and hung up.

"Argh!" I screamed with all my anger.

"It's all your fault Wade, only your fault. You are such a cunning man you called my dad and informed him that I was the one who deliberately canceled the deal" I said pointing my finger towards the wade.

" I did not report your dad about it, the last thing I would do is call Richard Moore  and tell about who?

you? 

Seriously?.

 Do you think you are worth of my 2 minutes of time" he said with a straight face.

"You are a liar and you are not like Mr. Luther. He is a kind man. I don't know much about him but I know about you. You play with people's lives" I said with a heated glare in my eyes.

" Don't waste my precious time, I have things to do," he walked past me leaving the hall.

"I need my cards" I caught his wrist forcefully turning him towards me.

"Sign the deal now," he snapped.

"Forget about it, I am not going to sign" I sharply said pushing him away.

"I don't think your parents will be happy to hear your activities in Los Angeles, disguising like  guys, roaming in the mall and talking to criminals..." he said.

"How did you know that it was me?" I asked with a furious tone.

"Because I am not a fool like you princess and if it was not me, you would have ended up in cop's records." he said.

Did he just call me princess?

His words roiled my blood, it was as if I would burn this entire mansion into ashes. Never I felt so helpless.  I can't let my parents worry about me after the disastrous events happened between me and clove. 

Slowly I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, swallowed my anger and replied with a cool tone.

" Here is a deal, listen," I said.

"Go ahead," Wade replied.

"First do whatever it takes to unblock my cards, in return I will accept your project. I don't care about the other assets you are talking, it will be all yours." I said killing my ego.

"Deal," he said.

" You know what Bruce, you are disgusting, a blackmailer to be precise and I hate you," I said and I stepped away from him in fury.

There was weird expression on his face for a moment, as if my words didn't go well with him. He was back to his poker face, but his eyes they are speaking something else.

I was almost lost in them trying to decode the encrypted message. It seems so familiar, yet very unsettling.

I snapped out of reverie and furiously left the house.

I know that the little boy James and Albert were very upset by the heated argument, but I couldn't help. There is no doubt that this Wade brings worst out of me. With the same rush, I kicked my bike as I was late for college. We have an important seminar today.

 On my way to college I saw a mysterious man dressed in black with cooling glasses just like the other man in black I saw in the mall.  found him very mysterious and started following him. 

Why these people always dress in black? is this some kind of dress code or what?.

 I followed him on my bike for 15 minutes and eventually thought that the sound might distract him. So, I parked it in a corner and put my mobile in my bike pouch and started following him  down the streets for another 20 minutes.

xxxxxxxxx

9:30 Am: OLD DOCKYARD

I reached an old dockyard. I remembered that Joey once told me about an old haunted dockyard in the outskirts of LA and now I am exactly in front of it. By appearance, it was like an old export and import center.

What work does this man have to do here?

I followed him and was about to fumble on a trash can but steadied myself. 

I should be more careful now.

I started following him only to find him handing his briefcase to another tall man, just dressed like this man.

He was none other than the man with creepy stone eyes, whom I saw in the mall.

His eyes always capture my attention. I have a hunch that something sinister is going to happen in his presence.

I tried so hard to hear their conversation but I could not.

Instantly I plugged in my ear pods with the hidden sonic amplifier and inserted in my ear so that I could hear them clearly.

I was awestruck to hear their conversation.

TO BE CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Let's see what is the mystery of this Dockyard.

-TOM