CH:7-THE ALASKA TRIP

The world is a book, those who don't  travel read only a page._Saint Augustine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LA AIRPORT MORNING 10:45 AM:

"Hey Rachel!" I heard someone calling my name.

 I turned back to see my friends Stacy, Jennifer, Joey, Ben, Melissa, Lilly, Ryan waiting for my arrival. Every one of us were dressed in casuals and carried our Hiking bag and a trolley. It's a week long trip, so we made sure to carry the necessary items. Slowly we joined the other troop of students and staff members. In no time we boarded the plane to Alaska. I was very very excited for this trip. Why not? after all we are visiting the gold mines.

 I removed the cap on my head and slowly placed it on my face and eventually drifted in to sleep.

I was in a plane which was completely filled with people. I snuggled up in my seat holding someone tight. I was very exhausted as every part of my body ached, my eyelids were heavy as I was sleeping. Everything was pleasant and serene for a moment. I wasn't aware of anything around me except the thing I was safe . But that moment did not last for long. All of sudden there was a pressure depression in the atmosphere which altered the plain's even flight. There was an emergency alert from the cockpit.

 'I request all the passengers to fasten your seat belts, we are opting an emergency landing due to turbulence ' the pilot alerted everyone.

 'Cherry wake up' he said.' Wake up cherry, Rachel! wake up ' he said shaking me off. I was very desperate to open my eyes, to see him, who is calling me? I was happy that I will see him at last .

All of a sudden his voice turned more feminine, I couldn't understand what was happening as confusion blocked my head. Slowly I started floating on the ocean of awareness. The voice was clearly audible now. 

"Rachel! wake up" I heard a sharp voice literally screaming at me. 

"What's with you now ?" I sleepily murmured. I partially opened my eyes and surprised to find a girl in front of me.

"We are about to land, wake from your dream land..." that girl teased. 

I woke up to find that I was dreaming all the time. But it was very real. I cannot express that in words.

Soon I came out of my thoughts and asked Jennifer "What is the time now?". 

"6:30 PM" she said.

 "What?!" I asked her in surprise. 

"Yes, you had been sleeping for five and half hours. You even skipped your lunch Rachel. We thought to wake you up, but we brushed it off, when Stacy mentioned how scared and restless you became seeing a corpse two days ago." Jen gave an explanation.

Scared? 

Me? 

I am a detective!

It was me who solved the case. If Stacy want to make up a story she could have told on herself. What is the point in expressing her thoughts on my name? funny, I thought. 

" See, first thing I am not scared, second it was Stacy who was scared, third I slept because I was tired" I said.

 All thanks to that Wade for disrupting my peace of mind. 

RIP intern application!

Why do  disasters happen with me? I thought.

 In no time we landed in Alaska.

8:30 PM POGO MINE SITE:

It took two hours to reach the excavation site of the pogo mines.

 'Attention please! all students are requested to select their campsite near the woods and make their own tents. Each tent should not be comprising more than 3 members.' we heard an announcement. 

Sounds fun !

 Soon we finished making our tents and joined the camp for the dinner. Dinner was served in no time with Sandwiches, soup, salad and dessert.

I took my seat beside the log and suddenly heard a sound from bushes. I instantly shifted my gaze towards it, but found nothing. I didn't realize how hungry I was, until I had my first big bite of sandwich. Joey was grabbing his dinner as if he had not eaten for weeks. I was very happy to see everyone together. 

"You know what Rachel, there are altogether 12 mines here. Out of which only 9 mines are excavated." Joey said taking a sip of his soup.

 "What about remaining three" I asked eating my salad.

 "The are haunted" he said with a gloomy expression.

 "Argh!" Jen and Stacy shouted. 

"Stop! mocking them Joey, there is nothing called ghosts" I said.

 "I am not joking Rachel, it's true, internet has many stories on it. Whenever someone tried to enter these mines it always lead to some tragic events" he said.

 "Oh! I see." I said.

That's Interesting!

I don't believe in these haunted stories but, at the same time can't sneak in these mines when these guys are around. It might put them in danger, I thought. 

"Now everyone get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day" professor Harold said. 

I made my way towards my tent and made arrangements for my sleep. I leaned on my sleeping bag thinking about the haunted mines joey mentioned.

Once again, I felt some strange presence near my tent. I went out to check but found none. Slowly, I sat on the ground feeling the fresh cool breeze caressing my cheek and gently stroking my brunette hair. I leaned my back on a log and lifted my eyes up to see the velvet dark sky decorated with tiny shiny diamonds. It was as if a huge umbrella with various small tiny holes. There was an overwhelming feeling in my heart. Every time I look at the night sky, I get awestruck by its beauty forgetting my curious urge to discover the truths of universe. For a moment I forgot everything, even my identity. 

How can looking at sky be so soothing?  

Life seemed to very beautiful, I felt a sense of belonging and it made me happy.

 How can something be so close to your heart, yet very far from you?

Have you felt the same way?

 I don't know whether there is  Energy, God or supreme power but this beautiful scenario made me realize that it was indeed created by a beautiful artist. This winsomeness view changed my perception towards my life. I closed my eyes inhaling the woody fresh smell. Everything seemed to very  familiar and soothing, as I slowly drifted into deep sleep with a faint melodious whisper in my head -

"Isn't the moon beautiful? "

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Dear readers, what is your opinion on today's plot. I hope you guys enjoyed. I just took a real goldmine name, but the content is imaginary, don't link  the goldmine with ghosts in reality.

 Get ready for a mysterious adventure in next chapter. Thank you so much for sharing and adding perceptive to yours reeds. I love travelling I wish I could go there sometime.

Stay tuned and add the story in your library or follow me for further updates. 

Do give your shiny vote if you liked the story. Don't forget to comment.

Have a nice day:)

With regards ,

Tom.