THE STROLL

Sometimes strolling is good, it helps to take things out of your mind._ Rachel Richard Moore. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RACHEL RICHARD MOORE:

It's true that there is nothing that  fresh air  can't fix, it is really refreshing. The fresh air, the spring warmth, the glittering sky, was refreshing my mood.

I had been strolling for 15 minutes in the neighbourhood. Unlike the clamouring city, I live in peaceful suburban region, I hardly find neighbours. There may be one or two houses per a mile or two.

Soon, I reached the farmer's market. Let's do some shopping.

There were many kinds of vegetables broccoli, lettuce leaves, cabbage, potatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, cucumbers, butternut squash etc.

Perfect I thought and bought some vegetables for 25 dollars. When I was heading out, I was pushed by someone and kissed ground hitting my shoulder.

'Not again' I thought as I could feel sharp pain in my shoulder.

I got up only to find an old man shouting "My wallet, he stole my wallet" he said. I paced up and ran behind the thief, he was about to escape,

'Not so fast' I said and took a stone and hit him on his leg. He tripped and fell to ground.

He got up. I grabbed his hand and twisted it to his back and said

"Don't you dare to escape and return the old man's wallet otherwise." 

"Otherwise what?" he asked.

"I will hand over you to cops "I said.

"Stop mocking me of lady" he said. I slapped on his face and said with death glare in my eyes "Do you think I am joking? "I said.

"Ok I will give the wallet back, now please leave me" he said.

I right away took the stalker to the old man. He returned his purse and was about to go only to be confronted by me. I grabbed his shoulder and said

"Who will apologize? Manners Mr." I said.

He apologized to old man and was gone. Soon, I collected my bags and suddenly my eyes caught something like a photograph of a cute little boy. Maybe it belongs to that old man.

"Excuse me sir" I said.

"Yes " he politely replied.

"You misplaced something that belongs to you" I said.

"Oh yes thank you" he said taking the photograph.

"Thank you again for catching the thief, by the way my name is Albert Perkins" he said.

"Nice to meet you sir, my name is Rachel" I said.

"Miss Rachel, it's Albert for you and don't call me sir" he said.

"No formalities for me too Albert" I said.

There was some contentment in his eyes, which were explaining me that he is very happy meeting me.

"Is everything alright Albert?" I asked him.

"Yes, it's nothing I am fine, would you like to join me for a cup of tea Rachel" he offered.

I am not a big fan of tea; maybe hot chocolate will do.

"Some other time" I said.

He took a card from his pocket which has his house no: and gave it to me.