THE GOLDMINE MYSTERY:2

I've  always loved the Idea of not being of what people expect me to be._Dita Von Tesse 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Disclaimer:  There is some violence mentioned by the end of this chapter, read at your own risk. Author does not support any violence. This is just a story!

"I am not going to fall for your words old man. 

Ghosts?

Seriously?

If that's the case, be it.  I am going to uncover it no matter what. Any change of minds, can return to campsite quietly this instant!" I firmly stated and made my way towards the gloomy entrance of cave 8, followed by my friends. 

"Joey I think it's better we carry a fire torch instead of a flashlight" I said as it is the first and foremost thing we need to do before entering the cave. It is easier to anticipate the oxygen level of the caves and pressure levels with the intensity of illumination.

 "Everyone follow Rachel's lead and  I am going to follow you guys at the end. I will mark the way as we proceed, so that we don't get lost" Joey said. 

We all nodded in agreement.

"Rachel! can I hold your bag please?" I heard Stacy. 

"Are you hungry?" I asked. 

"Yes" she replied. 

I handed my bag to Stacy who immediately started eating a bag of chips. 

We all explored the cave. As we moved further, the cave was again bifurcated into three ways.

 "Which way to go?" Ben asked.

 "Yuck! This is really stinking" Jen replied. 

"Let's go through the middle one" Billy said. 

We were greeting by an unclear view as we entered the cave. I switched on my flashlight immediately and was not surprised by the horrific view of the cave filled with skeletons and dried blood stains. The horrible smell nearly gave us nausea. The gloomy cave was not only decorated with cobwebs but with creepy insects. We moved forward ignoring the atmosphere around us. The fire was getting low, giving us the indication that the oxygen is not abundant around.

 " Put on your masks" I said .

We continued further and noticed the fire torch was totally put off. Stacy immediately reached for  a flashlight in my bag and showed us the way.

 "Rach..Rachel! " I heard shaky voice of Jen. 

"What happened?" I asked. "

Scor..Scor..scorpion..on my hand. Help" I heard Jen panicking.

 "Show some light here Stacey!" I said.

"Rachel  I think we should go back, its ..." Jen was panic struck.

 I removed the crawling scorpion on Jen's hand with a stick and threw it on the floor. 

"Arrrrrgh!" I heard Stacy screaming very loud and directed the torch towards the cave top disturbing the nocturnal cave bats.

In no time the fleet of bats attacked us. It was as if we were struck between the army of the bats. I immediately removed my waistcoat and covered my head  and stood still like a statue. 

"Every one don't panic, don't move and cover yourself and everything will be fine" I said with slight fear in my heart. I stood there still for 10 minutes.