I'll Always Be In Your Heart- Eisuke

You had been feeling rather unwell for some time, at first you put it down to a bad cold or the flu but as more time passed you felt something wasn't quite right. Finally, deciding it had gone on long enough you went to the doctor hoping they could help you get over whatever was plaguing your body.

However...

You had instead received shocking news.

"No..." You were besides yourself in shock. Your hands clenched the fabric of your skirt as tears welled up in your eyes and your mouth hung slightly open. You wanted to scream but your voice was caught in your throat.

What horrible news put you in such a state? Terminal cancer. You learned you were to die and there was no cure.

"How...how long do I have?" Your voice shook, that was the last thing you wanted to ask but you had to know how much longer you had left with him.

"Six months, a year if you are fortunate." The doctor replied, his eyes looking downcast at having to deliver this agonizing news.

"I see..." You replied, tilting your head as you squeezed your eyes and your hands gripped your skirt even tighter. The pain in your chest was unbearable, you felt like your life was being squeezed out of you then and there. Though the tears wouldn't fall, it was as if they were trapped in time, blurring your sight but traveling no further.

A ring adorned your ring finger. A symbol of a promise made. A promise of a life of happiness. You left the doctor's office carefully stroking that ring as you thought of the man you loved; the man you would soon leave behind.

You hurried home, desperate to see him. To see Eisuke, the man who stole your heart. How would you deliver such heartbreaking news to him? How could you bring such pain to him... Just thinking of the face he'll make as he learns of your fate was enough to make you feel sick to your stomach.

Eisuke waited patiently for you in the penthouse. He was the one who urged you to go see a doctor; though he wanted to accompany you he was unable to due to work.

Eisuke was hard at work going over important documents on his laptop when you came home; you always loved to see him so focused and thought he looked quite handsome. You should have been happy to see him, but your happiness was nowhere to be found, only pain lurked around the corner.

Hearing you come in, Eisuke quickly put the laptop down and stood up. His face had instantly lit up upon seeing you, the effect you have on him showed just how much he adored you. At first there was a small smile on his face as he approached you but as he got closer he caught the look on your face, the look of distress.

Eisuke face changed to one of concerned and he wasted no time hurrying to your side and placing his hands on your arms. It was then the dam finally broke and all the tears you had been holding back broke free.

"___?" Eisuke started to grow worried seeing you so distraught, he wanted to know what was wrong and fast.

With tears clouding your vision and flowing down your cheeks, you looked up at Eisuke and slowly opened your mouth, "Eisuke...I...I..." It was difficult. You struggled to speak, and though your words were almost illegible from crying you managed to tell him.

"What?" Eisuke looked to be in disbelief. The color drained from his face and his grip on you weakened. He didn't know where to look or what to say, he was simply in a state of shock.

Eisuke stumbled backwards as he still struggled to process the news. He turned around and as his back faced you his hand covered his mouth. Eisuke didn't want you to see the look on his face at that moment; the news he just heard was like a dagger painfully tearing him apart from inside.