Forced Marriage- Soryu

How cruel could fate be. You had fallen in love and hoped your love could grow and blossom into something beautiful, but before it even had the chance it was nipped in the bud and all hope crushed with it.

You had fallen in love with a mobster. You knew from the start things would not be easy, but your heart chose him and so you promised to overcome any obstacle no matter how big or small; you loved him more than anything and wanted to spend your life with him.

But how do you overcome a forced marriage? Soryu was asked to marry the daughter of the head of the Bell Crickets, a closely associated organization with the Ice Dragons. He couldn't just outright refuse as he may cause strife between the two gangs and it would be disastrous.

When you heard the news from Soryus mouth you thought you would die then and there. It felt like your heart had been ripped in two and your stomach twisted in knots. How were you supposed to gain your happy ending if he married someone else? Marry someone he didn't even love. Knowing that made it so much harder. He loved you but was being forced into a loveless marriage. You didn’t know who would suffer more if that happened…

“But what can I do? I'm powerless in the face of the mafia… I'll never get to see him again.” Sitting on your bed you started to cry, your fingers tightly gripping your skirt in frustration. “Oh Soryu. Can't anything be done?”

You had not seen Soryu for some time now. You figured he must be busy since he did get pressured into a marriage he did not want. Of course he isn't married yet but it wasn't far off.

You knew it was pointless but you tried to find anything that could help. Anything that could save Soryu from his fate. But what you managed to learn terrified you.

“He will...die?!” You nearly fainted. You had just been told from Eisuke if Soryu was to back out of the arrangement he'd have to give up his life or they would come after the Ice Dragons. You didn’t realize how bad a situation he was in. Eisuke further told you Soryu had no intention of marrying Mei Ling and was finding a way to resolve things peacefully but with no luck so far.

Shocked by the news you were quivering, you felt the strength in your legs slipping. “I-I need to go lay down.” You hurried to leave and went to your room.

At this point you were too emotional to even cry. Soryu could die. Those words kept ringing in your head. If anything he's gotta be suffering even more than you that's what you thought. His very life was on the line.

“I can't let that happen…” You thought long and hard but your mind always came back to the same point- you should leave. If you left then he could marry Mei Ling and continue living. Of course it would be hard on the both of you but you rather him live then die for you. You could accept if as long as he lived.

Soryu hadn't come to the hotel for some time so now was the perfect chance to run away.

“You really want to go?” Eisuke asked.

“Yes. I've made up my mind.” You firmly nodded, “Please give this to Soryu.” You handed him a note. On it detailed all your feelings, everything you wanted to tell Soryu but couldn't face to face.

“Did you really think this through? Are you sure this is for the best?” You wished Eisuke would shut up, it was already hard enough but now his words were making you waver.

“W-Well… I don't know. But I can't let him die. I am doing this for him. I want him to live.” You boldly stated, trying to gain back your resolve. With that said you nodded and waved and got ready to leave. 
“Soryu… Please be happy without me. Please live a long and happy life.” You tearfully mumbled as you walked through the hotel and recalled the memories you had made with your beloved. It all seemed so long ago you couldn’t believe it ended like this.

“My heart will always be yours. I'll never stop loving you.”

“Are you stupid?”

“What?!” You jumped when you heard a familiar voice behind you, “S-Soryu?” You tried to turn around but before you even had the chance Soryu was hugging you from behind.

“Do you really think I'd let you get away? I can't believe you tried to leave me…” Soryu sounded frustrated, hurt and sad.

“How did you…?” You were utterly shocked to see Soryu now of all times.

“Eisuke told me.” Soryu mumbled.

“Eisuke…” You sighed in defeat. Of course he would get involved when he wasn't welcome. Now your plans had gone up in smoke.

“I won't let you go. Do you not trust me?” Soryu asked.

“Huh. I do trust you… It's just I was worried…” You said in a sad tone.

“I understand your worries but I need you to believe in me. I won't just leave you. No matter what I will come back for you. You can't get rid of me that easily.” Soryu said firmly.

You chuckled a little and nodded, “I believe you. But… Please don't endanger your life.” You begged him.

Finally, Soryu loosened his grip and turned you around so he could look at your eyes, “I don't plan to. It's been a slow process but Mei Ling and I are slowly convincing her father to rethink his decision. It shouldn't be much longer now.”

Soryus words filled you with hope. You had been so worried but now it looked like you still had a chance. Your future may be a happy one yet.

“I promise. As soon as it's all over I will come back for you and I will never leave you. Please wait for me.” Soryu affectionately looked at you, gently stroking your head.

“Of course I'll wait.” You broke out into a smile, barely unable to contain your emotions you threw your arms around his neck, “I'll wait for however long it takes. Just come back to me.”

“I promise.” Soryu smiled gently, oh how you loved seeing his kind smile. “But please don't ever try run away from me again. Even if you do I would hunt you down and make you mine all over.” Soryu said, smirking.

You immediately became flustered, the way he worded his sentence had your body running hot.

“O-Of course. I promise I won't do it again.”

“That's my girl.” Soryu brushed a strand of hair behind your ear while smiling, “I appreciate what you were trying to do. I now understand just how much I mean to you and it makes me happy.”

“Soryu... “ You smiled shyly.

“I love you,__.”

And then in front of everyone Soryu kissed you. He didn’t care who was watching. He wanted you right then and there as his emotions ran high. He would fight the world if it tried to keep you both apart. No matter what he would be with you.