Falling In Love With Baba

“Hey Mia. Long time no see. I decided it was time we caught up. It sure has been a while.”

“It's so good to hear from you, Sera. I would love for you to come visit. When do you think you will have time?”

“As early as this weekend. Is that okay with you?”

“Sounds good. You can stay at the hotel for as long as you need. Eisuke won't mind.”

“Thanks. I will see you then. Take care.”

And thus ended the phone call between old friends. Mia was looking forward to catching up with her after so long. They last time Mia saw her she wasn't even dating Eisuke yet and now she had been with him for nearly a year.

Sera made the necessary preparations straight away and before she knew it the weekend had arrived.

“Mia.” Sera was smiling from ear to ear. Mia looked just as happy.

“You haven't changed at all, Sera.” Mia said, glancing at Sera from head to toe.

“And you've changed a lot. You look so much more mature now. It must be because you have a boyfriend.” Sera giggled and playfully nudged Mia in the ribs. “H-Hey. Stop that.” Mia said, blushing with embarrassment.

“How does it feel to be the girlfriend of the mighty Ichinomiya?” Sera teased Mia.

“Oh, shush you. I refuse to answer.”

“Haha. Fine fine.” Sera laughed. Mia narrowed her eyes, looking at Sera questioningly, “And when do you plan to get a boyfriend?”

Sera froze momentarily but the smile soon returned, “Beats me. Someday, I guess?”

“You just told me you couldn’t care less about relationships.” Mia sighed.

“If that's how you want to decipher it. I just haven't found the right one yet.”

“But who is the right one? If you are never satisfied with every man you meet you will end up single forever.” Mia said, looking pointedly at Sera.

But Sera didn't seem to care at all. “But I'll have you. Even when I am old and gray I can just live with you and Eisuke.” She laughed without a care in the world.

Mia didn't look too pleased with her comment. “We may be friends but I don't think Eisuke would agree to that.” After all, it would really put a damper on their...private times. Mia definitely did not want that. She could imagine the furious look on Eisuke's face, just thinking about it gave her the chills.

“Sera. Don't you think you are a bit too, I dunno, carefree?”

Sera looked at Mia with a blank expression before breaking out into a smile, “Maybe you are a bit too serious. Is this what happens when you fall in love? Haha, I think I'll be better off single.”

Mia sighed, shaking her head. Sera really was hopeless. But still, she was a good friend and Mia valued her dearly. “Don't you get along well with Baba, though?”

“Hmm. You mean that guy with the fedora?”

“That's him. You quite enjoyed your time together last time you were here. You wouldn't stop talking about him.” Mia said and Sera remained silent. Her whole demeanor suddenly changed. “Don't get the wrong idea. He's just a nice guy and I happened to get on well with him. Speaking of Baba. Is he around?”

Mia was at a loss, inwardly sighing. Why couldn't she just admit she was fond of Baba instead of so vehemently denying it.

“He is. In fact, he may have returned to the penthouse lounge by now.”

“Is that so.” Sera tried not to act too excited. “Maybe I should go pay him a visit.”