Will You Be My Princess?- Eisuke

“There isn't much time; let's run away, together.” Eisuke earnestly pleaded with you, the Princess.

You did not look him in the eye but rather out the window from where you stood in your room. There was uncertainty on your face; what was the correct choice to make?

Tomorrow you were to be wed to a prince from another nation- a political marriage- neither did you love him nor care for the marriage but if it would benefit the kingdom that was the only reason you considered it. However, the man your heart truly desired was the knight standing before you trying to save you from such a fate.

“I can't run away,” You softly spoke with a gentle shake of your head, “If I was to run away where would that get us? I don't want to live my life running away.”

“But Princess…”

You turn to look at Eisuke with a tender gaze, “I love you and so I don't want to be the person who hurts you,” You finish with a soft sigh and return your gaze to the window, “I'm not even sure what is the right thing to do. I want to be with you but I've always done everything for the kingdom and my people.”

You can't help but laugh a little at your situation but inside your body was writhing with endless turmoil.

“I'm such a terrible Princess. I claim to love my kingdom but I can't help but feel like wanting to throw it all away. How am I supposed to feel…?” Tears started to prick at your eyes. You placed a hand on the window and overlook the kingdom that your family cares for. “Is it a Princess’ duty to always put the people's wellbeing above their own? Is that what it means to be a Princess?”

You turn to look at Eisuke with tears flowing down your cheeks and smile gently, “Looks like I have no choice but to perform my duty perfectly.”

Because to live the life of a Princess means to seal away your heart.

“Princess…” The hand Eisuke brought to your face  trembled ever so slightly.

“Your hand feels so warm. I'll miss this warmth…” You placed your own hand upon his and savored this warmth. “Why can't we be together? If only you weren't my knight but my very own Prince.”

“I can still be your Prince.”

“That isn't possible.”

“I promise I will always look after you. I don't care about any hardship I may face running away with you; I'm ready for anything if it means I can be with you.”

“Eisuke…” Your eyes went slightly wide and for a moment you remained silent. .

“Please, Princess. I don't want to see you sad. It is my wish for you to always wear that beautiful smile I adore.” The next thing you know Eisuke had pulled you against him and started to gently stroke your head, “I only wish for you to be happy.” You could tell from his voice he was struggling; his voice was strained like he was in pain.

You gripped his clothes and squeezed your eyes, hearing his voice made your chest burn. If only running away was so simple. “Eisuke… Please make love to me tonight.” You pull away and look him earnestly in the eye, “I want you to be my first. Our first and last.”

Eisuke was struck speechless by your sudden intentions. His mouth moved several times before finding enough composure to respond.

“If that is what your final wish then I shall love you enough tonight so as to engrave these feelings onto your heart.” He grabbed your hand and placed a gentle kiss upon it.

“Thank you, my Prince.” Eisuke flinched at your choice of words but proceeded to act on your wishes.

Your first and last was about to begin. Every moment, every touch, you did your best to engrave them into your memory; these feelings you never want to forget them. This will be enough, it has to be enough for tomorrow you will belong to another man.