Chapter 1 - A New Face

Me: Okay normally I don't do OC's, but I had a dream about this last night and it was freaking amazing so here we are.

Anya: So you mean I'm your very first OC ever?

Me: No, I mean I had OC's in this really cringy walking dead fanfic I wrote when I was twelve, but I don't think that really counts does it?

Anya: It totally counts. You lied to me.

Me: Ugh, I'll get this sorted out later, anyway, I don't own anything except for the storyline and my OC's.

Anya: OC's, as in plural? So there'll be more?

Me: Ugh.

It was a beautiful day at Air Temple Island. Avatar Korra had defeated Kuvira, and the world was at peace once again. Tenzin was currently introducing his kids to a young girl with short brown hair, cut almost like Korra's, brown/amber eyes, and she was dressed like a firebender. "Kids, this is Anya." Tenzin introduced. "Anya, this is Jinora, Ikki, Meelo, and Rohan." "Hi." Anya said quietly. "Hi!" The kids said back. "Are you a firebender?" Ikki asked. Anya nodded. "So why is she here?" Meelo asked. "Because," Tenzin said, "She's your half sister."

"You had a baby with someone else before Mom?" Jinora asked, shocked. "Well actually, it was kind of around the same time." Tenzin said, embarrassed. "How old are you?" Ikki asked Anya. "Fifteen." Anya replied. "My birthday was a week ago." "So was mine." Jinora said, still in shock. "We have the same birthday?" "That was entirely a coincidence." Tenzin supplied, still embarrased. "Anyway I think I'll let you all get to know each other." He hurried off inside the house, taking Rohan with him. "So where's your mom?" Meelo asked. Anya looked down at the ground. "She doesn't have to say if she doesn't want to Meelo." Jinora said. "Why don't you and Ikki go play with the bison?" Meelo and Ikki huffed but went to go check on the bison. "Sorry about that." Jinora said. "Come on. I'll show you around."

"So, if you don't mind me asking, why are you coming to stay here?" Jinora questioned. They were walking through the house. "I've been practically homeless for a while now." Anya said. "One day I just went home and my mom wasn't there. I waited for her, but she never showed up. I stayed in the house but eventually I ran out of food and money, and I couldn't pay the rent, so I got kicked out. I was only 9. I never found out what happened to my mom." "I'm so sorry." Jinora consoled, placing a hand on Anya's shoulder. "It's okay." Anya said. "Sorry I didn't talk much when we were outside, I'm kind of shy." "It's fine." Jinora told her. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to." Anya smiled. "I ran into Tenzin when I was trying to steal some food from him while he was in town. He caught me and ended up giving me some." She explained. "He asked where my parents were and I told him what happened, and then he asked what my mom was like. That's when he found out who I was, and I found out he was my dad." "Wow." Jinora said. "Come on, let's go back outside."

When they got outside, Anya only took about three steps before she was knocked over by, from what she could see, a giant ball of white fluff. "Naga! Down!" A voice called. The ball of fluff backed off enough for Anya to stand up, but immediately started licking her face as soon as she was standing. A teenage girl ran up to them. "I'm sorry about that." She said. "Usually she's so well behaved." "You're," Anya started, "You're Avatar Korra." "Yeah." Korra said. "Hi." "Korra," Jinora said, "this is Anya, Dad's other daughter." "Other daughter?" Korra questioned. "You can ask him." Jinora said. "Well Naga really seems to like her." Korra noted, nodding her head to the polar bear dog, who was nuzzling Anya's arm with her head. Anya started to pet the creature. Two teenage boys started coming up from behind Korra. "Who's the new girl?" The one with green eyes asked. "You're a firebender!" The other one realized. Anya nodded. "This is Mako and Bolin." Jinora said. "Guys, this is Anya." "Tenzin's other daughter." Korra finished. "Tenzin has another daughter?" Bolin questioned. Anya nodded, but kept her eyes locked on the ground, continuing to pet Naga. "She's a little shy." Jinora said. "It's okay." Bolin told her, "I used to be shy too." "You've never been shy in your life." Mako told his brother. "I have too." Bolin argued. "Whatever." Mako said. "It doesn't matter." Bolin replied. "Anya's part of the family now."

Me: Sorry that this was a little short but it'll get better once the plot gets in motion.

Anya: Yeah, sure.

Me: You don't believe me?

Anya: Well.....

Me: Just you wait. This is going to be the most action packed dramatic book you've ever been a part of.

Anya: It's the only book I've been a part of.

Me: Exactly my point.