Chapter 21 - Returning

It had been over a week since Anya and Jinora returned.

Because there had been no new activity from The Outsiders, Milo and Carrie had spent their time settling in.

Anya spent most of her time down at the fields with Haru and Kuzan, who had missed her immensely.

One night, close to sunrise, Anya managed to sneak out of her room and down to the docking bay.

She stared at the dark water for almost an hour before Milo came down and sat next to her.

"Hey kid." He said, sitting down. "You alright?"

"I'm fine." Anya started. "And stop calling me-" she stopped. "Whatever."

"So, is there a reason you're down here?" Milo asked.

"Is there a reason you're down here?" Anya replied.

Milo chuckled. "Touché. Seriously though."

"Couldn't sleep. Got bored of being in my room."

"Won't Jinora notice you're missing?"

"She's used to it."

"Oh."

Anya sighed. "I can't think of a way to beat him." She started. "Even if we do take him down, we're assuming all of the guards will listen to us. What if they don't?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Milo replied.

"We can't afford to not think ahead." Anya said.

"Listen kid," Milo started, "I'm more of a glass half full kinda guy. Thinking too far ahead gets a person depressed."

"Whatever." Anya replied.

Milo stood up and held a hand out. "Come on."

"Where?" Anya asked.

"A place you'll never forget."

Me: This is super super super short so I'm going to post the next part right away

Anya: Is it also short?

Me: Kind of, it's longer than this

Anya: Figures.

Me: Don't judge me