Chapter 22 - A Date?

Milo and Anya climbed onto Kuzan. Haru curled up on Anya's shoulder.

"Any specific place we're going?" Anya asked.

"Just tell him to fly Northwest." Milo said with a smile.

When Milo told Kuzan to land, Anya was stunned.

The grass was greener than any grass on Air Temple Island. It was all even, like it had been freshly cut, but there was no sign of anything disturbing it.

A waterfall from a low mountain poured fresh clear water into the lake, which was big and blue. At the top of the mountain were hundreds of wild flowers.

"Pretty right?" Milo said.

"It's beautiful." Anya replied.

"I used to come here all the time as a kid." Milo explained. "It helped me clear my head. I figured it could do the same for you."

Anya smiled and sat down. Kuzan lay behind her and Haru curled next to her, looking like they were ready to sleep.

"You stay here and meditate for a while." Milo said. "I'll be back in an hour."

As promised, Milo returned an hour later, holding a picnic basket.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"Better." Anya replied with a smile. "What's the basket for?"

"Lunch." Milo replied. He opened up the basket and pulled a red picnic blanket off the top. He started setting up, but Anya interrupted him.

"Make a third spot." She ordered.

"Why?" Milo asked, confused.

"Someone else will be joining us."

Milo was confused, but he set up a third place.

Anya said grace, and then someone started walking up behind her. The area immediately felt more peaceful.

"I'm glad you contacted me." He said. "This looks delicious."

"Hi, Iroh." Anya said with a smile. "Sit."

Iroh did, and he looked at Milo. "Ah, Milo." He said. "You've grown since I last saw you."

"I've never seen you before." Milo replied. "I have no idea who you are."

"My name is Iroh, and you do know me. I am the guardian of this place."

"That's why everything is so peaceful and all the elements of nature are intact." Anya explained. "He came to me while I was meditating."

"I've been watching over you." Iroh said to Milo. "And helping you in your time of need. When you came here, it was my presence that helped heal you."

"Incredible." Milo said, amazed.

"Iroh, have you come up with a name for this place?" Anya asked.

Iroh shook his head. "But I sense you have an idea."

"Let's name it The Healing Isles."

After they ate, Milo and Anya went swimming in the lake. Because of Iroh's power, the lake was always the perfect temperature, and it never got dirty.

The two splashed around for a while, doing flips into the lake. Once it started getting dark, Anya and Milo climbed the low-lying mountain and sat, surrounded by colorful wild flowers.

"This was probably the best day I've ever had." Anya said. "Thanks."

"No need." Milo replied. "You needed help but you wouldn't ask for it. So I did it for you."

Anya smiled. "Iroh is amazing. The fact that he's keeping this place alive even after his death proves how powerful a spirit he is."

"Yeah, it's good that there aren't as many evil spirits anymore." Milo replied.

"Powerful spirit......" Anya mumbled.

"What?" Milo asked.

"I've got it." Anya said, jumping up. "Iroh didn't just give me peace of mind. He gave me a way to defeat Zaion."

Me: This was kind of short, but I feel like I shouldn't add anymore to it. It feels good where it is.

Anya: I agree.

Me: Woah, you're agreeing with me for once?

Anya: It's a once in a lifetime thing. Enjoy it while you can.