Chapter 17 - Explanation

Tenzin didn't question her, he just paid what they owed for the inn, got all of their stuff, and got all five kids on Oogi and flew off. They flew for a while until they landed in a valley nearby water. "Alright," Tenzin started. "Now that we're far away from that town, do you mind telling me what's going on?" Anya sighed. "Well, the day you thought I was stealing from the ship, I was in there because I saw the Outsiders symbol stamped on the crates." She said. Tenzin looked at her. "And why didn't you tell me this earlier?" He asked. "You didn't give me a chance." She replied. Tenzin sighed, and Anya continued. "After that we went to the government building, and I heard two guys arguing, and I followed them. The guy sold his business to the Outsiders for them to use and he joined them in exchange for financial stability and education for his kids. Earlier today the same guy recognized me as who the group had kidnapped and tried to take me again, so they're definitely on the lookout for me and Jinora." "So we can't let you two go out alone." Tenzin replied. "Wait a minute," Korra spoke up. "If Anya and Jinora get kidnapped again, they can get information. Anya got a lot last time, and this time we can be sure that they'll be safe." "Your last plan didn't work so well Korra." Mako reminded. "I don't think Anya wants to be put in one of your situations again." "I'll do it." Anya said. "I'll do anything to bring the group down. Once they finish what they're doing now, their next stop will be Republic City." "She's right." Jinora added. "They came to the city once to inform the people. The next time will be to take it over." Tenzin sighed. "I'm not comfortable with this, but what's the plan?"
Anya and Jinora walked back to town. It was too risky to fly Oogi back, so they walked for half an hour, discussing the plan. Once in town, Anya and Jinora stood in the center, where they'd be seen. After a little while, Anya felt a strong hand on her shoulder. "Run away from your daddy?" The man growled. Anya turned. "Yes." She said. "We've come to pledge our allegiance with the Outsiders. We want to join you." The man laughed. "Yeah right. I don't believe that." "What'll it take?" Jinora asked. The man sighed. "I'll take you to our base, but you'll be monitored 24/7. No contact with anyone outside the base." "Fine." Anya replied. "Let's go."

Me: My updates have been really short lately.

Anya: Yeah, why is that?

Me: I guess it's because I'm trying to build suspense but I'm not adding a lot of detail.

Anya: You should. Detail is important.

Me: Maybe I will.