Chapter 2 - Adjusting

Me: Good morning everyone, how's it going?

Anya: What if someone is reading this at night?

Me: What if someone handcuffs you to a table and tapes your mouth shut?

Anya: *Coughs* Please, continue.

Me: Thank you. Please enjoy the chapter and once again, I own nothing but the storyline and my OC's!

     Anya spent the night on an air mattress in Ikki and Jinora's room, which she didn't mind. What she did mind was Meelo running into the room at 6am, jumping on the air mattress, and telling everyone to get up. When he jumped on the air mattress, Anya was sent into the air, luckily Jinora used her airbending and caught her. "When do I get my own bed?" Anya asked laughing. "Probably today." Ikki told her. "After Daddy goes to city hall he'll figure out where you're gonna sleep."
     They had breakfast and then Anya accompanied Jinora on her chores. "It's my day to feed the bison." She told Anya. They headed down the hills to the field where the bison were. The newborn babies were just starting to fly. One of the babies immediately went over to Anya and started rubbing its head on her. "Wow." Jinora said. "You really have a way with animals. The babies are usually scared of people for at least a day." "I've grown up around animals." Anya told her. "Well that's your bison now." Jinora explained. "When a bison chooses a person, it's for life." "Wow." Anya said. "So," Jinora started. "What're you gonna name it?" Anya thought for a moment but said, "Kuzan."

     "Come on, Mako!" Bolin called, banging on the door. "You've been in there for more than an hour!" Mako didn't respond, probably not hearing what Bolin said because of the shower running. "Everything okay in here?" Korra asked, coming into the room. "Yeah," Bolin told her. "Just Mako being a jerk." "Well I was heading down to Republic City in a little bit." Korra said. "Do you wanna come? We could just hang out, maybe grab lunch?" "That sounds great." Bolin said with a smile. "Maybe Mako can come too!" Korra said, raising her voice slightly. The shower immediately turned off, sending Bolin and Korra into fits of laughter.

    Meanwhile, Anya and Jinora were headed back into the house, and they ran into Tenzin. Ikki was watering the flowers. "Dad!" Jinora exclaimed. "You're back early." "Well I figured if we were gonna renovate the house it would take all day." Tenzin explained. "So where am I gonna sleep?" Anya asked. "I think I'm gonna move Rohan into Meelo's room, Korra moves down the hall, and you and Jinora get the big room to share." Tenzin said. "What about me?" Ikki asked, having overheard the conversation. "You get your own room." Tenzin told her. "Really?" The eleven year old asked excitedly. "Yes! I get my own room and you don't!" She pointed at Jinora. "Have fun sharing!" She ran back into the house. "Dad...." Jinora said. "The only room left for Ikki would be the linen closet." "We'll convert it into a slightly bigger version of the linen closet so that way it's a small bedroom." Jinora and Anya laughed as they could still hear Ikki bragging about how she got her own room.

   Korra, Bolin, and Mako walked through Republic City, and were minding their own business, as they walked past a group of people holding microphones and flashing cameras. "Wonder what all that's about." Mako commented. As they got closer, they could hear someone being interviewed. "Do you think that if the Future Industries Fire Ferrets were still in the running they'd beat you in the championship?" A woman asked. "No way." A voice responded. "The Fire Ferrets were nothing but a bunch of overrated street monkeys who managed to get the Avatar on their team. We'd beat them no problem." Korra pushed her way through the crowd to see who was speaking. It was a teenage guy with dark hair, dark blue eyes, and pale skin. "Why don't you challenge us then?" Korra asked with a glare. "All or nothing, Fire Ferrets against whoever you are. Winner gets automatic entry to the Championship." "And what if my team wins?" The guy asked. "Then the Fire Ferrets swear off Probending." Korra stated. "Forever." "Korra, no!" Mako said. "We haven't trained in forever, we'll lose!" "You're on." The teen said. "Next week at the arena, 8:00." He then walked away, and all the press rushed off to get their stories printed.

    When Mako, Bolin, and Korra returned to Air Temple Island, there were some renovations going on. Bumi and Kya were pushing Ikki's bed into her new room while Ikki stood there yelling "It's not gonna fit!" Jinora and Anya were helping Tenzin get Anya's new bed into their room, and Meelo was standing in front of Rohan, giving him all the rules of living with him. "Don't ever go into the closet!" Meelo exclaimed. "Why?" Rohan asked. "Just trust me." Meelo told him.
     By the time everyone was getting tired and ready for bed, the renovation was complete. Luckily for Tenzin, Ikki was very happy with the end product of her room and went back to bragging about how she didn't have to share. Anya and Jinora were also content with the way their room turned out, and Meelo and Rohan's room was immediately trashed with toys.
     That night, Jinora woke up to find that Anya wasn't in her bed. She got up and saw the the window was open, and Anya was sitting on the roof. "What're you doing?" Jinora asked. "Hey," Anya said. "I can't sleep." "Is it because of the new place?" Jinora questioned. "Are you homesick?" "No, no." Anya said quickly. "I love it here." "So what's the problem?" Jinora asked. "I have this thing. My mom used to call it insomnia. It keeps me awake at night. I can't sleep for more than about three hours at a time." Anya explained. "I actually tried to go outside, but Tenzin caught me walking through the house, so I had to lie and say I was going to the bathroom." "Speaking of him," Jinora started, "why don't you call him dad?" "It just... doesn't feel right." Anya answered. "Anyway, you should go to bed. I'll probably be out here until the sun rises." "No way." Jinora told her. "I'll stay up with you."
    Jinora attempted to stay up with Anya, but she ended up falling asleep. Anya carried her back into the bedroom and put her in her bed, then climbed into bed herself. She didn't know if anyone would come in the room to wake them up, and she didn't want to get in trouble for being out on the roof. Anya did end up being able to sleep for another hour, however.

     Right after breakfast, Korra, Bolin, and Mako headed down to the gym to train for the match. "We're better now than we were before." Korra said, using water whip on a dummy. "Plus we did have a lot of out-in-the-field training." Bolin added. "We haven't even seen these guys play." Mako said. "We don't know what we're stepping into." "Come on, Mako!" Bolin said, putting an arm around his brother's shoulder. "Think how good it'll feel to be back out in the ring. Just like old times!" "Maybe." Mako mumbled. "Let's just get back to practicing." And they did.
    "I'm starving." Bolin commented as they walked through the dark streets of Republic City. The three teens had skipped lunch so they could continue training. "Pema should have dinner ready by the time we get home." Korra replied. She hoped so, she was starving too. As they walked, Korra started feeling weird. The streets were empty, but she felt like they weren't alone. At one point she could've sworn someone was watching her, so she stopped and turned around. She saw no one. "Korra, are you okay?" Mako asked. "I- yeah," Korra replied. "I just feel kind of weird." "You're probably just hungry." Bolin said. "Yeah." Korra said shakily. "Let's go."

     Anya was out on the roof again that night. Jinora woke up and saw her, but decided to just leave her be. Anya sat staring into the sky, just thinking. At one point though, she thought she saw someone moving. It was a black figure, and it snuck across the space between buildings. Not seeing any movement after that though, she chalked it up to her just seeing things because she was tired, and went inside to bed.

Me: So, can anyone figure out what's going on?

Anya: It's something bad.

Me: Well you're not wrong. Anyway, please comment if you enjoyed and I'll see you all next time! Bye guys!