Chapter 4 - Meeting

Tenzin led Anya through the spirit world. People were milling around, astounded at the spirits. The spirits, however, seemed to be interested in Anya. At least a dozen of them had swarmed around her and were now trying to cuddle with her and sit on her head as she walked. Anya ignored it- it wasn't really bothering her. It did seem to be bothering the singing groundhog though, who was still curled around Anya's shoulder and was now swatting at the spirits as if they were toys. Tenzin and Anya ended up in a grassy valley between two hills. The sky was a clear blue and the sun was shining brightly. There was a picnic table there, covered in plates of food. There were three empty cups and plates. "He should be arriving now." Tenzin said. Anya, who had turned around to look at one of the spirits behind her, turned back towards the table and saw the one person she didn't expect walking towards it. "Hello, Anya." Iroh said. "We have much to talk about."

    "I'm bored!" Ikki complained. She, Jinora, and Rohan were all in the living room. Jinora was reading a book, Rohan was playing with blocks, and Ikki was laying upside down on one of the chairs. "Read a book." Jinora said without looking up. "I already did my reading today." Ikki answered. "I wish Dad was here." "He's not coming back until tomorrow." Jinora replied. "Aren't you jealous?" Ikki asked. Jinora put her book down. "What do I have to be jealous about?" She asked. "Dad took Anya instead of being here with us. We weren't even allowed to go with him." Ikki explained. "He's trying to get to know Anya." Jinora told her. "You're too young to understand."

    "You're-" Anya started. "You're Iroh! You're the greatest Fire Nation general in history!" "I prefer to think of my legacy as my amazing tea shop in Ba Sing Se." Iroh said, chuckling. He took a minute and looked at all the spirits hanging around Anya and chuckled again. "Now sit down." He said. "It's time for lunch." Iroh started to dig into the food on the table as soon as Tenzin and Anya sat down. Anya waited until Tenzin started grabbing food to take some of her own. "Komodo chicken is my favorite." Iroh commented, scooping some chicken onto his rice. "But you have to get the spices just right." Anya put a few spoonfuls of Komodo chicken onto her plate and waited. Tenzin said grace, and everyone started to dig in.
    "So, what do you want to talk to me about?" Anya asked Iroh halfway through the meal. "I have something to tell you." Iroh replied. "Stand up." Anya stood. Iroh walked over to the girl and placed a hand on her forehead. Anya suddenly felt as if she was floating above the earth, nothing connecting her to the ground. When she opened her eyes as Iroh took his hand off her forehead, about five minutes seemed to have passed. Tenzin had finished his food and the sun was in a slightly different position. "You have already been through so much." Iroh told her. "You still have much to go through. But know this. You are destined to do great things. It was no accident that it was your father who you chose to steal food from. If you ever need anything, you know where to find me." With that, Iroh left.

    It was nearly 2am when Tenzin and Anya returned to the air temple. Tenzin turned around on Oogi's back to see Anya had fallen asleep, and the groundhog was on her lap. He chuckled and picked up the girl, who was lighter than he expected, and brought her into her room, careful not to wake Jinora up. "Goodnight." Tenzin whispered. He leaned down and kissed Anya on her forehead. He then crossed the room and did the same to Jinora. Jinora smiled as the door to the bedroom closed. Ikki didn't know what she was talking about.

Me: This one was short but whatever. An update is an update.

Anya: Yeah but would you rather have short updates posted often or really long ones posted once in a while?

Me: Well I guess it depends on the person.

Anya: So you're just assuming.

Me: I'll handcuff you to the table again. Anyway please comment if you enjoyed and I'll see you all next time. Bye guys!