Chapter 7 - Taken

The group returned to the air temple the next day. Kuzan was very excited to see Anya, and followed her around the whole day. That night, Jinora caught Anya out on the roof again. "What exactly do you do out here?" She asked, climbing out the window. "Think." Anya replied. "About what?" Jinora questioned. "Lots of things." Anya told her. "You don't have to sit out here with me." Anya said. "I'm used to being alone." Jinora made no moves to go back inside. "Kinda lonely, isn't it?" She commented. "Not really." Anya replied. "I'm usually alone, but I'm never really lonely." She paused. "Does that make sense?" Jinora chuckled and said, "Not really."

The following day was the day it happened. Another note was delivered to Lin Beifong. "Our presence is increasing. Expect us soon. Prepare for the unexpected." She read. "What does that mean?" Bolin said from where he was sitting. "Expect the unexpected? How can we prepare for something we don't know anything about?" "We'll put top security on the city." Beifong told him. "We'll set a curfew for the city, and we'll have airships monitoring everything that comes in and out of the city 24/7."

Curfew was set at 6:00, as soon as it got dark. Anyone caught after dark was to be immediately arrested and taken to jail for questioning. That night, Anya was out on the roof again. She could see the searchlights of the airships, looking for anyone that was in a spot they shouldn't have been. Jinora joined her not long after Anya got out on the roof. They started talking, but their conversation was interrupted by a nearby scream. "Did you hear that?" Anya asked. "Yeah. It came from the harbor." Jinora replied. "Let's check it out." Anya said, climbing into the house and grabbing her glider. (Tenzin had given her one the day after she moved in.) She grabbed Jinora's glider too and handed it to her. "We shouldn't do this." Jinora said, taking the glider. "Hey, if we don't do anything stupid when we're young," Anya told her, "What're we gonna laugh about when we're old?" Jinora smiled, and together the two girls headed down to the harbor. "Besides." Anya said when they landed, "It sounded like someone needed help." On the contrary, there was no one at the harbor besides them, or so they thought. "It doesn't look like anyone's here." Jinora said. "We should go back to the house." There was no reply. Jinora turned. She saw no one standing behind her. "Anya?" She said, unsure. "Anya!" Suddenly a hand clasped over her mouth, and she felt herself being pulled backwards.

    The next morning, Korra was confused when she woke up and everyone was very serious and panicked. "What's going on?" She asked. "We can't find Anya and Jinora." Bolin told her. "They're gone."

Me: Okay this part was super short but I think it's kind of suspenseful.

Anya: It's not that suspenseful.

Me: Do you know what happened to them?

Anya: No.

Me: Do you know who took them?

Anya: No.

Me: See, suspense.